An easy recipe for homemade larabars which taste like a coconut cream pie! These whole30 approved larabars need just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to make, and are a delicious, satisfying vegan and paleo snack!
Coconut cream pie larabars involve blended cashews, almonds, dates, and coconut to create a homemade Larabar. Perfect for those following a raw and whole30 diet, these are a satisfying snack between meals or a sweet tooth fix.
Are larabars whole30 approved
While larabars are full of wholesome ingredients and are naturally sweetened, not all of them are whole30 approved.
The following larabars are suitable for a whole30 diet.
- Banana Bread
- Lemon Bar
- Apple Pie
- Cherry Pie
- Chocolate Coconut Chew
- Key Lime Pie
- Carrot Cake
- Cashew Cookie
- Pecan Pie
- Pumpkin Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie
Larabars generally contain a range of dried fruits, nuts, spices and chocolate.
The most popular Larabar ingredients are cashews, almonds, cocoa powder, dates, and raisins. More specialty flavors use different nuts, seeds, and extracts.
Larabar Nutritional Information
The nutritional content of larabars differ based on flavor, but on average, each Larabar contains between 185-210 calories.
23 grams of that are carbohydrates (4 grams of fiber), 5 grams of protein and 12 grams of healthy fats.
How to make Homemade Larabars
Step 1: Line an 8 x 8-inch pan or loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Step 3: Add your dates, shredded coconut and coconut oil and blend until a thick dough remains. Ensure you scrape down the sides regularly, to ensure it is fully incorporated.
Step 4: Transfer the Larabar batter into the lined pan. Refrigerate until firm.
Step 5: Slice into bars and enjoy.
Storing homemade larabars
Homemade Larabars will keep at room temperature, in a sealed container, for up to 1 week.
They are best stored in the fridge and will keep for at least 2 months.
Larabars are freezer friendly and will keep frozen for up to 6 months.
More Whole30 compliant and approved Bars
- Coconut Cashew Bars
- Cherry Pie Larabars
- Blueberry Muffin Larabars
- Brownie Larabars
- Carrot Cake Larabars
Homemade Coconut Cream Pie Larabars (Whole30, Paleo, Vegan)
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan or loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, add your raw cashews and raw almonds and blend until a coarse texture remains- Do not over blend or you'll be left with nut butter.
- Add your pitted dates and blend until just combined. Add your unsweetened shredded coconut and continue blending, scraping down the sides at regular intervals. Once a thick dough remains, add your coconut oil and blend once more.
- Pour your batter into the lined pan and press firmly in place. Refrigerate until firm, before slicing into 12 bars.