A delicious, creamy and secretly healthy no bake cookie dough sandwiched between two paleo friendly cookies! These healthy paleo cookie dough stuffed sandwich cookies are impressive yet ridiculously easy to whip up- No butter, oil, grains or sugar in the entire recipe- It’s naturally paleo, vegan, gluten free and dairy free!
Can we talk cookie dough for a minute?
Besides peanut butter, if there is one ‘food’ I’d associate with American foods or products, it would without a doubt be cookie dough. From ice creams, frozen yogurt, candy bars and even COFFEE, it seems to be a popular flavor, and rightly so- It’s delicious and the texture to said products (maybe minus the coffee, because I found no cookie dough in it…) is taken up a notch.
I’ve become slightly obsessed with trying out a myriad of ice cream brands here, which all boast actual cookie dough bits within. I’ve tried some dairy free blends, a frozen yogurt, a coconut milk blend and of course, the standard options. It didn’t surprise me that the best ones were the classic, standard options.
It didn’t surprise me that the best ones were the classic, standard options.
Dairy free blend- The cookie dough tasted like OLIVES.
Frozen yogurt blend- I kept thinking about Fage and Siggi’s during consumption, and it just felt weird.
Coconut milk- This one made me cry…This was the most expensive and had NO CHUNKS IN IT.
You guys, buying a pint of ice cream boasting cookie dough chunks and finding no chunks in it is one of life’s biggest disappointments.
Okay, so I’m being a little dramatic here, but I’m not kidding- As much as I love the concept of cookie dough ice cream, it’s not the actual ‘ice cream’ which is anything fancy- It’s the search for the infamous chunks. You know you’ve struck gold when your pint of ice cream is loaded with them. Unfortunately, this coconut milk blend left me disappointed.
NOT A SINGLE CHUNK.
The worst part was this pint was ‘buy one, get one-half off’, so obviously this sucker bought two. I’m not going to lie- After the not finding any cookie dough in the first one, I ripped open the second one and saw the same situation.
Great. I had two pints of vanilla ice cream and no chunks.
I had two pints of vanilla ice cream and no chunks.
Because I clearly wanted cookie dough chunks WITH my ice cream, I stopped moping and simply added my own homemade cookie dough chunks to the ice cream (which I had melted slightly first, to add said chunks).
Cookie Dough ice cream= 0. Arman = 1. Arman’s wallet= -0.
You win some, you lose some.
Okay, you lose a lot, but use your brains and make up for it.
Anyway, enough venting about cookie dough ice cream minus chunks but adding faux chunks but then still being grumpy.
Last week, I mentioned how I was going to share a Paleo version of these healthy flourless cookie dough sandwich cookies. Essentially, I would be replacing the exterior cookie (or rather, the ‘bread’ part of the sandwich) with a paleo friendly cookie.
Looking through my archives, I had a handful of paleo cookies which could have worked. I was throwing the idea around of using either these 4 Ingredient Paleo Nutella Cookies or these 3 Ingredient Grain Free cookies. I didn’t want the evident hazelnut butter coming through (in the former) and I also didn’t want to use up all my cashew butter (in the latter one). I did, however, want a hint of cocoa powder so I pretty much made the latter one, swapped out the main nut butter used, added this cocoa powder and BOOM. The paleo cookie dough sandwich cookies were born, with a chocolate-y twist!
These healthy paleo cookie dough sandwich cookies are quite fancy looking yet incredibly easy to whip up- If you time it all right, you can have them from prep to plate in 20 minutes! The cookie exterior was based off my 3 ingredient grain free cookies, but I added a 1/4 cup of this cocoa powder to give it a ‘chocolate’ cookie dough sandwich feel! For such a sinful looking cookie, you’d be surprised to know they contain NO butter, oil, grains or refined sugar in the entire recipe- Even the cookie exterior! They are totally suitable for those following a vegan, gluten free, paleo, grain free and dairy free diet or lifestyle!
HACK! Want to transform this anytime snack or dessert into a post workout snack? Use this cookie dough recipe for the center and you’ll get a punch of protein with each cookie! As always, check out my Shop for my protein powder recommendations– Always tried and tested!
Make these healthy Paleo Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies and if your pint of ice cream has no chunks..
Make your own.
Then return it.
- I made a batch of my 3 Ingredient grain free cookies and added 1/4 cup cocoa powder- I used one batch which made 12 cookies.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour (Can sub for gluten free oats/oat flour- See notes below)*
- 3 scoops vanilla protein powder**
- pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup nut butter of choice
- 3 T maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + milk of choice***
- Handful of dairy free chocolate chips
- On a large plate or deep tray, set aside 6 cookies on there, with the other 6 aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Melt your nut butter and maple syrup and pour into the dry mixture. Mix until a crumbly texture remains. If the mixture is completely cool, add the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, add milk of choice until a thick, 'dough' is formed.
- Start to assemble your cookie dough stuffed sandwiches by dividing the cookie dough evenly amongst the 6-8 cookies and topping each with another cookie.
- I used 6 cookies (12 total) because I wanted a very thick cookie dough centre. For thinner sandwiches, use more cookies.
- Cookies are best kept in the refrigerator and are freezer friendly too!
- * Can sub for oat flour, oats or almond flour- However, you'll need to reduce dairy free milk considerably.
- ** If you omit, add 1/4 cup extra flour of choice AND 1/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice
- *** You'll most likely need more than 1/4 cup.
Are you a fan of desserts/treats/snacks containing or preaching cookie dough?
Ever had a pint of ice cream which told lies? YES. That chunk-less pint.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld