This 3 Ingredient banana bread is the EASIEST and most foolproof quick bread you’ll ever make! NO butter, NO oil, NO eggs, and NO cake mix needed, it’s moist, fluffy, and made in one bowl!
3 Ingredient Banana Bread
Here’s why this 3 ingredient bread will leave you amazed:
- 3 ingredients. Your eyes aren’t deceiving you, there are only three ingredients needed for this banana bread- Bananas, condensed milk, and self rising flour!
- One bowl. No dirty dishes or multiple bowls needed- Everything is made in just one bowl!
- NO cake mix. A quick google search will yield several 3 ingredient banana bread recipes but they all call for cake mix. Not this one!
- No eggs, no butter, no oil. Traditional banana bread calls for eggs, or one of either butter or oil. This has none of those, but you’d never be able to tell.
Now, just because this 3 ingredient banana bread recipe doesn’t call for traditional ingredients, doesn’t mean it sacrifices taste! The texture is moist and soft in the middle, with a golden and tender crumb. It’s pleasantly sweet and full of banana flavor, you won’t miss the dairy or eggs!
With so many of us with limited ingredients on hand, this 3 ingredient recipe uses pantry staples, all you need to do is let those bananas brown and you are good to go!
How do you make three ingredient banana bread (without cake mix!)
- Bananas– Overripe bananas are a must for any good banana bread (I purposely keep all my brown bananas for this recipe!).
- Coconut condensed milk OR condensed milk– Like this fudge, I opted to use coconut condensed milk instead of traditional condensed milk to keep it dairy free. If you don’t have any dairy restrictions or don’t follow a vegan diet, you can use traditional condensed milk.
- Self rising flour– A combination of flour, baking powder, and salt. Skip the store bought kind and easily make your own. Be sure to always sift your flour carefully before adding it to any recipe.
Start by adding the mashed bananas and condensed milk to a mixing bowl and whisk until combined. Gently add the flour and mix very well until a smooth dough remains. Next, transfer the banana bread batter into a greased 7 x 4-inch loaf pan. Place the pan in a preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out mostly clean. Let the banana bread cool in the pan completely, before slicing and serving.
Dietary and flavor variations
With a few ingredient substitutions or additions, you can make this banana bread diet friendly or change up the flavors!
- Ensure they are vegan! This 3 ingredient banana bread is naturally vegan provided you use coconut condensed milk.
- Make them gluten free. Replace the self rising flour with a gluten free self rising flour. I like using Dove Farms version.
- Add some mix-ins. Like any good banana bread, you can add in some chocolate chips, blueberries, or chopped walnuts.
- Lower the sugar. While it won’t be as moist and sweet, you can replace the condensed milk with your favorite milk of choice.
Storing and freezing banana bread
- To store: Banana bread will keep well at room temperature, covered, for up to 3 days. If you’d like the bread to keep longer, store it in the refrigerator and it will keep well for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Place slices of the bread in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- To thaw: Let leftover slices of the banana bread come to room temperature.
More 3 ingredient dessert recipes to try
3 Ingredient Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and grease and line a 7 x 4-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bananas and condensed milk and whisk together, until combined. Gently stir through the flour and mix well, until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the batter into the greased pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out mostly clean.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan completely, before slicing.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.