4 Ingredient Paleo Vegan Chocolate Snowball Cookies (Keto, Sugar Free, No Bake)- Easy chocolate coconut snowball cookies low in carbs but not lacking any flavor! A simple 5-minute recipe perfect for snacking or gifting!
Once again, it was only a matter of time before a base coconut no bake cookie got some chocolate!
I’m not even going to beat around the bush here- the Chocolate and coconut combination has taken the number one spot. I cannot believe I went all this time thinking that original coconut cookies or coconut crack bars were the jam.
It shouldn’t be much of a surprise, seeing that bounty bars and mound bars are two of my favorite candy bars on the market. However, I never looked at this combination outside of the store-bought packaging it came in.
Now that the holiday season is in full swing, I’ve been taking it one step further and testing this theory out in ALL THE COOKIES.
If you’ve been waiting for an excuse to whip up some cookies, there is no time like the present. These no bake chocolate snowball cookies NEED to be your first priority-
Ready in 5 minutes
Secretly healthy cookies are my favorite kind of cookies. They taste like something you’d typically enjoy on special occasions, but really, they are an every-day-multiple-times-a-day snack.
Not only do these chocolate coconut snowball no bake cookies need just 4 ingredients, they are also paleo, vegan and keto friendly. For those who follow a dairy free, low carb or sugar free diet, you are covered too!
BLENDER VS Mixing Bowl
Many of you guys have already made and loved the coconut snowball no bake cookies. Several of you mentioned that you had trouble forming them into cookies, as the dough wouldn’t form properly.
The key to achieving a thick cookie batter is using a blender. It ensures that all the ingredients are fully combined, with no clumps.
Understandably, not everyone has a blender or would prefer to do this by hand. Here are some tips to achieve perfect no bake chocolate snowball cookies-
- Use fine milled shredded coconut (desiccated coconut)- In contrast to the more commonly found shredded coconut, a finer cut ensures easier mixing or blending.
- Refrigerate the dough beforehand- Once you have blended or mixed the mixture completely, form into one big ball and cover in saran wrap/plastic wrap. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes and then form balls from there.
- Chill your can of coconut milk- Chilled canned coconut milk (not from the carton!) always leaves a thick layer of coconut cream on top, separating it from the juice. For these cookies, you’ll use the cream portion so having it chilled prior will ensure it to be naturally thick and smooth.
- Wet your hands slightly before shaping the cookies- This will prevent the mixture sticking to your fingers.
- Sift cocoa powder- To avoid clumps in the mixture.
Gifting or snacking
Snacking on these no bake chocolate coconut snowball cookies are perfectly fine. I love that they are low in carbs, but high in protein and fats, to promote satiety. You’ll find that you only need one or two cookies to be completely satisfied.
If you plan on gifting these over the holiday period, it’s incredibly easy. Simply wrap the cookies in clear plastic wrap or in a box. You only need to ensure the cookies are completely covered- they don’t need refrigeration!
Snack, dessert or healthy holiday cookie, these chocolate snowballs fit the bill. 4 ingredients, no baking and just 5 minutes? No excuses!
More chocolate coconut recipes? Gotcha covered!
- No Bake Chocolate Coconut Brownies
- Homemade Bounty Protein Bars
- Easy Homemade Coconut Bounty Bars
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Coconut No Bake Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Coconut Cups
If you are a fan of the chocolate coconut combination, you’ll love some homemade chocolate coconut crack bars. They are just as easy to whip up and taste delicious! Watch the step-by-step recipe video below!
4 Ingredient Paleo Vegan Chocolate Snowball Cookies (Keto, Sugar Free, No Bake) barely adapted from my no bake snowball cookies.
4 Ingredient Paleo Vegan Chocolate Snowball Cookies
- In a large mixing bowl or high-speed blender, add the shredded coconut, cocoa powder and granulated sweetener of choice and mix or blend until combined.
- Add your chilled coconut cream and mix or blend until a thick batter remains. If desired, refrigerate (covered) for 30 minutes or until chilled.
- Using your hands, form the dough into small balls. Once all the balls are formed, place them on a lined plate or tray. Press down on each ball to form a cookie shape. If desired, roll each cookie in extra shredded coconut.
The Big Man’s World is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. This means that if you click and make a purchase, TBMW receives a small commission, at no cost to you. Cheers, hugs, and handshakes for supporting TBMW!