Easy fuffy low carb zucchini bread pancakes made with coconut flour and almond flour. These keto friendly flourless pancakes are a sneaky way to add shredded zucchini- You won’t even know it’s in there! Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free.
Healthy Low Carb Pancakes Recipe
When it comes to my favorite healthy breakfasts, thick and fluffy pancakes take first place. In the past few weeks, we’ve seen low carb cinnamon roll pancakes and healthy pancakes with banana. It is now time to go a little seasonal, with zucchini season in full swing!
Adding shredded zucchini to these thick fluffy pancakes make them taste exactly like zucchini bread, especially with a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips throughout. I promise you won’t taste them (as evidenced by these flourless zucchini fudge brownies) and they give you a veggie boost!
How to make keto pancakes with NO cream cheese
Since I started experimenting with the ketogenic diet, I found a heavy focus on using cream cheese in recipes. As someone who reserves cream cheese for bagels, I wanted to ensure my keto pancakes had NO cream cheese in them.
As such, I found that making keto pancakes with almond meal and coconut flour to yield the perfect result.
On its own, coconut flour required significantly more liquid to produce even remotely edible pancakes. On the other hand, almond meal worked okay but tasted gritty. By combining the two, it produced almost diner-like pancakes, but so much healthier and completely sugar free!
How to make pancakes thick and fluffy
To key to making pancakes ultra fluffy and pillow-like, is to be patient. I know its easy for us to want pancakes right there and then but trust me on this- It is well worth the wait!
It is best to use a good quality non-stick pan. Even though it is non-stick, I would recommend spraying a tiny bit of cooking spray or coconut oil over it. Heat the pan on low-medium heat, and for the duration of the cooking process, do not exceed this.
Once the pan is hot enough, add your batter and immediately cover the pan with a lid. This ensures the pancakes are cooked evenly and also the even heat distribution aids the pancakes rising and puffing up.
When the edges start to go golden brown, simply flip and repeat the process!
How to make pancakes without egg
Easy! While eggs are necessary for the keto pancakes recipe, they aren’t for the fluffy flourless pancakes made with almond milk and vinegar.
It might sound a little odd to use vinegar, but this is what is needed to replace the egg AND yield perfect fluffy pancakes. When combined with the baking powder, it produces a rising capability which you’d assume would only be feasible by using eggs.
If you don’t have vinegar on hand, you can use lemon or lime juice, but the results won’t be 100% the same. Also, be sure to use a good quality blender to ensure the batter is evenly combined.
Tips and Tricks for a perfect pancake-
- Allow the batter to sit for at least 10 minutes before cooking
- If the batter is too thick, add a little extra liquid. If the batter is too thin, add extra almond flour (keto version) or rolled oats (flourless vegan version).
- Cook smaller pancakes- Quicker cooking time but easier to flip
- Do not over-cook! Pancakes continue to ‘bake’ while cooling down!
- Squeeze the excess liquid out of the zucchini (using a dishcloth or paper towel works great)!
More healthy shredded zucchini recipes-
- Flourless Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Sweet Potato Zucchini Tots
- Flourless Zucchini Breakfast Brownies
- Baked Veggie Chips
Fluffy Low Carb Keto Zucchini Bread Pancakes (Paleo, Vegan)
Keto Low Carb Pancakes (Keto, Paleo, Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free)
Flourless Egg Free Pancakes (Vegan, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free)
- 1 heaping cup rolled oats Can sub for quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sticky sweetener of choice maple syrup or agave works best
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4-1/2 cup liquid of choice almond milk, coconut milk etc.
- 1-2 tbsp chocolate chips of choice Optional
- In a high-speed blender, combine all your ingredients and blend until just combined. The batter should be thick and pourable.
- Allow the batter to sit for 10 minutes. Just before cooking, stir in chocolate chips is desired.
- On low-medium heat, preheat a non-stick pan. It would be best to coat with a little bit of oil. Once hot, pour small portions of the batter into the heated pan. Cover immediately, and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Flip and repeat.
© thebigmansworld.com ® All content, recipes, and images are legally protected by copywrite. Please do not use my images or recipes without permission. Please contact Arman if you need further clarification.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld