A moist, fluffy and light cake studded with cookie crumbles and only takes one minute to whip up in the microwave! This healthy 1 minute cookies and cream cake is packed full of protein, fiber and no refined sugar- It’s also naturally paleo, gluten free, vegan, dairy free and comes with a tested oven version too!
Oh, the joys of cleaning up after a recipe photo shoot.
I swear if any of you came to the corner of my apartment where I usually shoot recipes, you won’t need to be afraid of going hungry. Just the other day, I found a handful of sprinkles, enough cinnamon to sugar coat a donut and a schmear of peanut butter.
Before you think I’m some filthy animal who is untidy, please hear me out! I make sure to vacuum, mop and sweep after every shoot but somehow, it’s just not enough.
My favorite hoodie- Cocoa powder and peanut butter
My bed- Sprinkles
My bedside table- Sprinkles
My shorts- Sprinkles
My bathroom towel- Sprinkles
My hair- Toothpaste (That happened the other morning when I um…thought hair wax was toothpaste and strutted around the city with a lovely, fresh scented comb-over…not cool).
Safe to say, I’m pretty much Funfetti in human form.
I don’t know how this can be happening, as I always ensure to mop, wipe and give one massive vacuum after each session, but clearly it isn’t having much of an effect.
When I was shooting today’s recipe, I had a small batch of these 4 ingredient paleo nutella cookies on a paper plate to use as a prop in the background. They weren’t there just for decoration- They were actually a key ingredient in the recipe. As I was setting up my ‘photo area’, I stupidly placed the plate of cookies on the ground as I moved around. Forgetting that they were behind me, I took a step back and heard a small ‘crunch’. I looked down and saw that I had crushed the cookies into tiny bits which now resembled charcoal or asphalt.
There goes my food prop.
…..and my apartment rental deposit.
Safe to say, the shoot had to have no pretty cookies in the background and now I had something which resembled the aftermath of a fireplace in the corner of my room. The saving grace in all of this was this beauty in the bowl (lol imagine hashtagging that…#beautyinabowl). Cookies and cream are in tough competition with cake batter as my trending flavors with sticky cinnamon coming a close third. Anyway, it was a little less difficult to clean up the mess with this #beautyinabowl to be faceplanted after the massive vacuum!
This healthy one minute cookies and cream cake is moist, fluffy and the perfect snack to enjoy anytime as it’s healthy too! Texture lovers will LOVE the chunks of healthy cookie pieces throughout, as well as some optional white chocolate chunks added in once cooked to ‘just’ melt over. You can be as generous or as scrooge-like as you want with the cookies but I…err… went a little heavy (note- 3 cookies!) in one cake, hence the overflow effect. It’s packed full of protein, fiber and no refined sugar! It’s also suitable for those following a paleo, gluten free, grain free and vegan lifestyle!
HACK! As mentioned earlier, I used my 4 ingredient paleo ‘nutella’ cookies crumbled so my paleo friends can enjoy this but if that’s not a lifestyle you follow, feel free to use any gluten-free and vegan sandwich cookies you like. If THAT lifestyle isn’t yours either….go cray and add a damn oreo or fifty.
Make this healthy one minute cookies and cream cake and if there’s one thing you should note, is that you should NEVER put plates of cookies on the ground…unless at a damn picnic.
Healthy 1 Minute Cookies and Cream Cake
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon almond flour can sub for any flour of choice but will no longer be paleo friendly
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice I used a paleo friendly stevia blend
- 1 + sandwich cookie or paleo nutella cookie crumbled
- 1 large egg white for a vegan version, use 1 flax egg*
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk of choice**
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon white chocolate chunks optional
For the microwave version
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the dairy free milk, vanilla extract with the egg white (or flax egg) and whisk lightly. Add the mixture to the dry mixture and mix until just combined.
- Grease a large mug or deep bowl (I used a cereal bowl) generously and pour the batter in it and microwave for 50 seconds-2 minutes (Depending on brand and wattage). Add the chocolate chunks and allow to melt into cake and enjoy!
For the oven version
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease a large ramekin with oil and set aside.
- Follow directions as above and once ready, bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
** You may need more depending on what flour you use and how many cookies you crush within it.
Confession time- Are you a messy person or a clean chicken?
Do you put cookies on the floor? Don’t answer that….