This pumpkin mug cake is a fluffy and moist spiced cake that takes just one minute to make! Full of pumpkin and spices, this Fall inspired single serving dessert is both keto and grain free! 3 grams net carbs.
It’s no secret I love a good mug cake. It’s one of my go-to desserts when I’m craving something sweet and comforting, but I have no patience to turn on the oven. This pumpkin version has recently been my go-to, partly due to the abundance of pumpkin puree in my refrigerator!
For a keto and low carb mug cake, it’s incredibly fluffy and moist. It’s full of pumpkin spice flavors, and satisfies your sweet tooth and carb cravings…minus the carbs!
How do you make a pumpkin mug cake
- Coconut flour– A low carb flour, coconut flour gives the mug cake the fluffy and cakey texture. Be sure to sift it thoroughly, to ensure no clumps remain.
- Almond flour– Works well with the coconut flour to keep the mug cake light and slightly.
- Baking powder– Gives the mug cake some rise and fluffiness.
- Granulated sweetener– Any keto sweetener will work, like monk fruit sweetener or erythritol. You can even use some keto powdered sugar.
- Pumpkin spice– A must for any pumpkin recipe!
- Pumpkin puree– Not pumpkin pie filling! You can use either homemade pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin.
- Egg– Holds everything together and bakes it to perfection! This works really well with an egg white too- Save the yolks for some creme brulee.
- Milk of choice– I used unsweetened almond milk, but you can use any milk you enjoy.
- Chocolate Chips– Optional, but highly recommended!
In a mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients and mix well. Add your pumpkin puree, egg, and milk of choice and whisk together, until a batter remains. Transfer your cake batter into a greased mug or microwave safe cereal bowl. Microwave for a minute, before removing from the microwave and letting sit for a minute, before enjoying.
Can I make this in the oven?
If you don’t own a microwave, you can bake this mug cake in the oven instead.
Grease an oven safe ramekin and pour the cake batter into that. Bake at 180C/350F for 10 minutes.
Tips to make the best pumpkin mug cake
- Each microwave model differs, so your mug cake may need longer than a minute to cook completely. If after a minute it is not completely cooked, microwave in 15-20 second spurts until done.
- If you don’t own pumpkin pie spice, you can add a little cinnamon, ginger, and cloves to the batter.
- Serve mug cake with a scoop of keto ice cream or some keto frosting.
- For a vegan pumpkin mug cake, replace the egg with either an egg replacement like Bob’s egg replacer or just eggs.
More delicious keto pumpkin recipes you’ll enjoy
Pumpkin Mug Cake
- In a small mixing bowl, sift the almond flour and coconut flour. Add the baking powder and sweetener, and mix well. Add the egg, and canned pumpkin and mix until fully incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a small microwave safe bowl with cooking spray generously. Pour in the batter and top with extra chocolate chips. Microwave the mug cake for one minute.
- Remove from the bowl and allow to cool for a minute before enjoying.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease a small ramekin. Prepare the mug cake as directed and bake for 10 minutes.