A moist, gooey and fluffy chocolate brownie ready in less than one minute and completely low carb too! Made with no butter, oil, grains, or sugar, this healthy mug brownie is paleo, vegan, gluten-free, sugar free, keto-friendly, low calorie, dairy free and has a tested oven option!
I’m always up for a good mug cake recipe, including a low carb vanilla mug cake, keto blueberry mug cake, and this healthy low carb brownie.
1 Minute Low Carb Brownie
Whenever my chocolate craving strikes and I’m watching my carbs, I always turn to this gooey keto brownie to satisfy my cravings.
This brownie in a mug is moist, gooey, and perfect single-serve dessert or snack to enjoy anytime! It also only takes less than a minute to whip up, or under 12 minutes if you bake it in the oven!
Traditional mug brownies tend to use plenty of sugar, oil, and butter to achieve a brownie-like texture, but in my version, we use healthier and easy to find pantry staple ingredients, that you’d probably have on hand now!
Bonus? This sugar-free keto mug brownie isn’t just low carb… if you check out the ingredients, it’s also perfect for a paleo and gluten-free diet. It’s also made with NO eggs, so my vegan friends, you are covered too!
How to make a keto brownie in a mug
- Almond Flour– I used blanched almond flour, but you can also use almond meal.
- Keto Sugar Substitute– Either erythritol or monk fruit can be used. You can also use a sugar free baking blend, like Splenda.
- Cocoa Powder– Unsweetened and good quality. If your cocoa powder has clumps, be sure to sift it first.
- Baking Powder– Leavens out the mug brownie and gives it some rise!
- Almond Butter– Drippy and smooth almond butter gives the mug brownie a buttery and moist texture. You can use any smooth nut or seed butter.
- Milk of choice– Any milk works, I used unsweetened almond milk
- Chocolate Chips of choice– Optional, but highly recommended!
In a small mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients and mix well. Then, you’ll want to whisk together your almond butter with the milk, until combined. Next, you’ll combine the dry and wet ingredients together, and mix until combined. If using chocolate chips, fold them through with a spoon. Finally, microwave the mug cake for 60-90 seconds, until the brownie is just done. Allow the brownie to cool for a minute, before enjoying it!
Can I make this keto chocolate mug brownie in the oven?
Easily make this mug brownie in the oven if you don’t have a microwave or choose not to use one. Simply grease an oven-safe 6-inch ramekin (it can be bigger) and bake the single-serving keto brownie for around 6-8 minutes at 180C/350F, or until just cooked.
Should I use the oven or the microwave?
Time is the key factor here, but depending on which method of baking you choose, they both actually can result in a different texture. The pictures shown within the post is actually made in the oven. If you check out the texture closely, it’s quite tender on the outside and fluffy and moist on the inside.
This wouldn’t be possible in the microwave, BUT it takes a fraction of the time. However, if you want to use the oven AND have a really gooey center, you’ll just need to remove it a little earlier, when it just begins to firm up on top.
Can I add an egg if I’m not vegan?
You can still achieve a gooey and moist center without the need for eggs. Whether or not you follow a vegan lifestyle or not, you can do this.
If you don’t follow a vegan diet and you want to have a fluffier, cakey brownie mug cake, add either 1 whole egg or egg white.
More delicious low carb mug cake recipes to try
- Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake
- Lemon Mug Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Mug Cake
- Almond Flour Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1 Minute Protein Brownie
- 100 Calorie Chocolate Cake
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Healthy 1 Minute Keto Low Carb Brownie (No eggs!) recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
1 Minute Low Carb Brownie (No eggs!)
- 2 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter * See notes
- 3 tablespoon milk of choice I used unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips of choice Optional
- Lightly grease a small microwave safe cereal bowl or ramkin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all your dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a seperate bowl, combine your smooth almond butter with milk and whisk together. Combine your wet and dry ingredients and mix well. If using chocolate chips, fold them through.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals until desired texture is achieved. Remove from the microwave and let sit for one minute, before enjoying.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease a 6 inch oven-safe ramekin. Prepare your brownie batter before transferring to the greased ramekin. Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until desired texture is achieved. Remove from oven and let cool for one minute, before enjoying.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Hello, I’d like to know if you use always the same cup in your recipes and i’m also wondering how much ml is your cup measuring? Because in every country it’s different. Thank you very much for response :))
Hi Nicole! I use American measurements so it’s best to use an online converter if you need to make changes based on that 🙂
Really bad not a good Recipe
I love every recipe that you make. This one is so good- I’m currently eating it for breakfast even though it’s a “brownie” ?
😀 Aw cheers Sarah!
Can you use almond flour instead of coconut flour? I have that at home at the moment and don’t feel like waiting until coconut flour would arrive to try this delicious recipe!
I haven’t tried- It could work, but you’d need to double the amount 🙂
How about using a protein shake and eliminating the milk?
Hi! I haven’t tried that but keen to hear how it turns out!!
Made this last night and it was tasty! Used 30g of denatured whey protein isolate and 2 tbsps of collagen. For the flour I used one tbsp of pamelas gluten free pancake and baking mix and for milk I used almond milk. I also use a whole egg.
My macros were just what I needed to end the day. Net carbs about 10gr, fat 10gr and like 45gr of protein! I reduced the sweetener to 1.5 teaspoons, but next time I’ll do the full tbsp. Also, I baked it instead of microwaving it and it actually took 25 minutes instead of 15min at 350F in a small deep Pyrex dish. Thanks for the recipe!
Love these mug cakes. Keep-um comin
This was my favorite chocolate mug cake ever, and I’ve been searching for a while! I definitely made it more unhealthy, just because that’s what I have in my pantry: real sugar, regular flour, whole milk. And peanut butter was my nut butter.
I microwaved it for 30 seconds and it was PERFECT. Like a lava cake. Wish I had made a second batch.
It worked and is definitely healthier than the store bought mug cake mix. Maybe next time I’ll add some powdered sugar on top or maybe another tablespoon of sugar. I made two tonight (one for me, one for the spouse).
Huge fan of your website & writing style! Keep it up!
Aw thank you, Sarah!
Bomb! I added a tiny pinch of salt and they were perfection.
Ahhh thank you for the feedback! 😀
Tried this brownie , and my delicious early morning breakfast with a cup of coffee was ready in a minute. This recipe is foolproof. Thank you 🙂
OMG!!! Just made this and it was sooooo good. My doctor recenty put me on a low carb, portion-controlled eating plan and this was the perfect sweet treat to have with my coffee. THANK YOU!
Woah. I just made this and it was so rich and decadent, without being too sweet. This is definitely the best microwave dessert I have made yet! I’m so excited to try the mint chocolate version. I’m also thinking of making your death by chocolate cake for my dad’s 50th!
I love that! 😀
Delicious!! One of the best mug cakes. Others I tried tasted low carb. This tastes decadent!!
This was just amazing! Perfekt texture and i Added 1,5 teaspoon of protein “Nutella” spread on top to make it a lava cake and it was a dream really. Thank you!