Brownie bites! featuring the perfect crinkly tops and gooey center. Made with no flour and only 5 ingredients, these two-bite brownies will become your favorite chocolate fix.
Bite-sized brownies that take less than 15 minutes to make? Count me in!
It’s no secret that brownies are a fan favorite around here. My family request I make them at least once a week and I always comply.
Recently, I’ve become quite obsessed with baking them in mini muffin tins to create brownie bites!
5 Ingredient brownie bites
This brownie bite recipe is inspired by my flourless chocolate cake. They use pretty much identical ingredients, except for the addition of cocoa powder. They also bake in a fraction of the time so really, you have no excuses.
- It’s only 5 ingredients. And none of them is anything special. You most likely have them all in your kitchen year-round.
- It’s gluten-free. No gluten and fewer carbs in my favorite chocolate dessert? I’m in!
- Perfectly portioned. These muffin-like mini brownies are bite-sized and perfect for portion control
Similar to my flourless brownie cookies, brownie bites call for only a few simple ingredients.
- Eggs. Room-temperature eggs.
- Chocolate. As there is already sugar in the brownie batter, opt for a darker chocolate with at least 50% cocoa content.
- Sugar. I prefer using white or brown sugar, but coconut sugar also works.
- Butter. Melting butter with chocolate results in super fudgy brownie bites.
- Cocoa powder. Unsweetened cocoa powder creates a richer chocolate flavor and helps thicken them.
How to make brownie bites
You won’t need much of your baker’s fortitude for this recipe. The process of making these bite-size treats is too simple.
Step 1 – Melt the chocolate with butter
Add the chopped chocolate and butter to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments for around 2 minutes and keep stirring until a smooth mixture remains.
You can also melt the chocolate on the stove using a double boiler. When using this method, make sure the bowl isn’t touching the water.
Step 2 – Add the remaining ingredients
Once fully melted and smooth, whisk in the sugar and the eggs. Mix until smooth. Add the cocoa powder and keep mixing until it’s fully incorporated.
Step 3 – Bake
Spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Distribute the batter evenly among the muffin cups and bake in the oven preheated to 350F degrees. Bake the muffins for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let the two bite brownies cool in the pan completely. Then remove and serve.
- Mix in some coffee powder. Chocolate and coffee have the most energizing effect once combined. Add some espresso powder or instant coffee to the batter for coffee-flavored brownie treats.
- Elevate with a topping. To make these brownie muffins more festive, top them with whipped cream or homemade frosting.
- Experiment with mix-ins. Chopped nuts and an extra amount of finely shredded chocolate will bring some texture to these brownie bites and make them taste a lot richer without much effort.
- Watch your baking time. The texture can make or break brownie bites. Don’t underbake them to prevent them from being potentially raw inside. And don’t overbake to be able to enjoy a perfectly gooey texture. Remove the brownies from the oven when a skewer comes out with a few moist crumbs on it.
To store. Place these brownies in an airtight container or bag and store them at room temperature for up to 3 days. Refrigerating the brownies will make them last as long as a week.
To freeze. If you have made a bigger batch of these bite-size brownies, transfer them to a freezer bag, push out the excess air, and freeze them for up to 3 months. For the best results, wrap each brownie with food wrap.
These brownie bites have the additional of sugar and chocolate in them. If you’d like to lower the carbs, choose a sugar free sweetener like allulose and sugar free chocolate chips.
Yes, you can totally make two-bite brownies using a box mix. Prepare the brownie batter as instructed and use muffin cups to bake the bites.
When serving these bites as a snack or dessert, serve 2-3 bites per person.
Brownie Bites (5 Ingredients)
- Line a 24-count mini muffin tin with liners and grease generously. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the butter and chocolate and microwave for 20-30 seconds, until the chocolate has melted. Whisk into the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar, followed by the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Add the cocoa powder and mix until a thick brownie batter remains.
- Evenly distribute the batter amongst 20-24 of the greased mini muffin tins.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until crackly on top.
- Let the brownie bites cool in the pan completely, before enjoying.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.