Healthy no bake white chocolate cranberry cookies which take less than ten minutes to whip up and are so delicious! These healthy cookies are the perfect snack or healthy treat to enjoy anytime, packed full of fiber and protein! Naturally gluten free, grain free, vegan, dairy free and with a tested high protein and paleo option!
Making this recipe for the blog brought back some amazing memories.
Memories like the one Christmas where my sister got both molasses and cranberry sauce in her hair.
My sister and the kitchen are NOT the best of friends; unless it involves her getting a snack or some pre-made meal. The one exception to that was the year we held Christmas celebrations at our home and thus, she needed to be of assistance in the kitchen.
During events centralised around food, my mum was always the Sargeant and my sister and I were the minions/slaves. Rather, I was the slave. My sister would sulk in the corner and play on her phone or do something like peel bananas….until my mum would tell her off that not a single dish we were serving hand bananas.
This one particular year, my sister and I were in charge of mashing cranberries for the festive trifle mum had resting in the fridge. We also were tasked with making the gingerbread men batter because clearly trifle wasn’t enough (we also had sticky date pudding, a cheesecake and a panettone).
This Christmas was during our intense ‘The O.C.” binge watching phase and we were talking about how we wished we lived there and how Summer Roberts (one of the main characters) deserved a pie in her face.
We had two bowls all set ready to be trifle’d and gingerbread’d. We were still on the topic of the OC and Niki was going on and on about how Marissa Cooper (another main character) flipped her hair in such a graceful way. She then decided to demonstrate it to me, proclaiming it was done better. The silly girl conveniently forgot she was still in the kitchen. She went to ‘flip her hair’ and in the process dipped her long strands generously in both the bowls filled with molasses and cranberry sauce.
Picture this- She flipped her hair back and a plethora of cranberry sauce came flying to the pantry wall. The molasses stayed put in her hair and after she realised what happened, she started shrieking.
It was awesome….until mum saw what happened.
She sent Niki to the shower and instructed me to make the molasses spiked batter again by myself.
Luckily, today’s recipe won’t result in such antics. There’s no mess, no molasses and no Niki!
These healthy no bake white chocolate cranberry cookies are adapted from the number 1 recipe on the blog- My white chocolate raspberry protein cookies! These cookies are soft, chewy and have the most amazing texture- Like a firm cookie dough you just can’t stop eating! These no bake cookies may look like dessert but are actually the perfect healthy snack or treat to enjoy anytime! This version is not only festive, but has been trialled with a new flour blend to make them paleo friendly and grain free- Something the white chocolate/raspberry version isn’t. Bonus- They are also vegan, gluten free and dairy free!
HACK! Check out this post for the link for homemade white chocolate chunks (as used in both recipes). I trialled a tonne of paleo/dairy free white chocolate chip recipes and this was by far the best. I’d make a big block and hack at it….gracefully. Also, this recipe is perfect for your upcoming Christmas or related festivities- They don’t need refrigeration AND are perfect for gift giving!
Make these healthy no bake white chocolate cranberry cookies and the next time you need a sous chef, call Niki.
For entertainment purposes.
Healthy No Bake White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour for paleo version sub for 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour sifted
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice I used coconut palm sugar but you can any granulated sweetener
- 1 scoop protein powder optional
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup cashew butter can sub for any nut butter
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup sub for pure maple syrup for paleo version
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chunks/chips I used homemade dairy free ones
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- Dairy free milk of choice*
- Line a large plate with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours with the granulated sweetener, protein powder (if using it) sea salt and mix well.
- Stir through the melted nut butter and sticky sweetener of choice and mix well- Mixture should be very crumbly. Add the white chocolate chunks and dried cranberries and mix until fully incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon at a time, add more dairy free milk until a thick batter is formed.
- Using your hands, form into small bite sized balls and press firmly onto the lined plate and press to a cookie shape. Use a fork to cross each cookie. Freeze for 10 minutes or refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
Cookies can be left at room temperature but will be soft and fudge like. For firmer cookies, keep refrigerated.
Do you have any cray-cray X-mas stories?
Did you ever watch the O.C?