This honey mustard chicken recipe is the most decadent way to cook chicken breasts. Brimming with tangy and sweet notes, it comes together in minutes.
We regularly cook chicken for dinner.
Why this recipe works
- Juicy and flavorful. The honey mustard sauce adds a lot of flavor to chicken breasts while baking them in heavy cream makes them extra juicy.
- Simple ingredients. You only need a few pantry and fridge staples to make this dish.
- Ready in 20 minutes. If you are having a lazy night but still want to enjoy a good dinner, this is the dish to make!
What I love most about this recipe is how incredibly easy it is to make. Just like our marry me chicken, don’t let your eyes fool you, this chicken dish is deceptively easy to make.
What is honey mustard sauce made of?
The sauce itself needs a few basic ingredients and besides chicken and spices, there isn’t much else that goes into this recipe. Here is what you’ll need:
- Chicken. I use boneless and skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. Cut them in half lengthwise.
- Heavy cream. To make the sauce extra creamy and rich.
- Mustard. Dijon mustard works best for honey mustard chicken. You can use whole-grain or spicy brown mustard if you don’t have Dijon mustard at home.
- Honey. The sweetness of the honey pairs amazingly with the warm and tangy flavor of the mustard.
- Garlic. To add flavor.
- Rosemary. To make the dish more aromatic.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
- Olive oil. To sear the chicken.
- Parsley. Fresh parsley for garnish.
How to make honey mustard chicken
This recipe is very simple and follows a simple 3-step process. Besides prepping the sauce, there isn’t much else that goes into it. Ready to make some chicken?
Step 1- Make the honey mustard sauce
Add Dijon mustard, honey, crushed garlic, salt, and pepper to a bowl. Mix well until fully combined.
Step 2- Sear the chicken
Dip the chicken breasts in the honey mustard marinade and let them sit for 10 minutes. Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet. Sear the chick for 4 to 5 minutes on medium-high heat until the honey starts to caramelize.
Step 3- Continue cooking the chicken in the oven.
Preheat the oven to 375F degrees. Pour the heavy cream into the cast iron skillet. Add the sauce, and sprigs of fresh rosemary, and bake the chicken for 15 minutes.
Remove the honey mustard chicken from the oven. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Sprinkle the chicken with some grated parmesan just before removing it from the oven. Parmesan will add a nice cheesy flavor to the dish and create a beautiful golden crust.
- For a more pronounced honey flavor, drizzle with more sauce just before serving.
- If you like fattier cuts of meat, replace chicken breast with skinless and boneless chicken thighs.
- To store: Refrigerate honey mustard chicken leftovers in an airtight container. Honey mustard chicken lasts up to 5 days in the fridge.
- To freeze: Place the cooked and cooled chicken in a shallow container and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- To reheat: Either microwave the chicken for 30-40 seconds until hot, or in a non-stick skillet/pan.
What goes with honey mustard chicken?
This chicken goes well with a variety of side dishes. We love to keep things simple with some air fried favorites. Here are some of our favorites:
Frequently asked questions
Honey mustard sauce is good not only for chicken but also fish and beef. You can also serve honey mustard sauce with vegetables or drizzle it over salads.
You can marinate chicken in the honey mustard marinade for up to 1 hour. Marinate the chicken in the fridge if you will be leaving it in the honey mustard sauce for over 10 minutes.
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Honey Mustard Chicken recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Honey Mustard Chicken In 10 Minutes | Easy And Flavorful
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the marinade and let everything marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the chicken and sear on both sides. Cook the chicke for five minutes, until the honey caramelizes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir through the remaining sauce, heavy cream, and rosemary. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes, until the cream mixes into the sauce and bubbles.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.