These keto cranberry cookies are soft and chewy cookies made with almond flour and coconut flour. Loaded with chocolate chips, these secretly healthy cookies are completely eggless, making them perfect for a vegan, gluten-free and paleo diet!
Cranberries can be a little tart on their own but baked into cookies with added chocolate, they are the BEST combo! I love making these cookies during the holiday season, along with fudgy brownies and homemade crunch bars.
I feel like cookies are somewhat of a blank canvas. Although perfect on their own, it’s always fun to add a new ingredient or two to give it a little oomph! With the holiday season in full swing, I have been bombarded with cranberries!
Little did I know, the combination of cranberries is chocolate is ridiculously delicious. Sweet, tart, juicy in one, it’s perfect for those who love a combination of flavors in one. Made into a soft and chewy cookie, it is a texture lovers’ dream!
How to make cranberry chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper or prepare a Silpat cookie sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix very well.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine your coconut oil with your syrup and heat until warm. Whisk together until combined.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients, along with your vanilla extract. Mix until combined. Fold through your cranberries and chocolate chips. If the batter is too crumbly, add some coconut milk (or extra syrup) until a thick batter remains.
- Using your hands, form 8 large balls or 16 small balls of cookie dough. Place on the lined pan and press into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies have become slightly browned. Do not overbake the cookies, as they continue to cook as they cool.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan completely.
Can I use fresh cranberries or frozen cranberries?
I prefer using dried cranberries, as a small amount goes a long way. They also mix into the cookie batter easily.
You can use fresh or frozen cranberries if you choose. Ensure your frozen cranberries have been thawed out completely. Fold in the fresh cranberries as you would the dried ones. However, be wary that the cranberries will ‘bleed’ into the batter. You will also find the cookies be easier to form a thick batter without the need for adding milk.
Storing Cranberry Cookies
Cranberry chocolate chip cookies can be stored at room temperature, in a sealed container or covered in plastic wrap. Cookies kept at room temperature will keep fresh for up to 5 days.
You can also refrigerate the cranberry cookies and cover them as you would if kept at room temperature. Refrigerated cookies will keep for up to 2 weeks.
Can you freeze cranberry cookies?
These keto cranberry cookies are freezer friendly and can be stored in the freezer. Wrap cookies in parchment paper and place them in a ziplock bag or shallow container.
Frozen cookies can keep well for up to 6 months.
To enjoy cookies from the freezer, allow thawing at room temperature or in the fridge overnight.
Cranberries and chocolate chips are great together, but feel free to amp them up even more with other fun add-ins
- Nuts- Add some chopped almonds or cashews for added crunch
- Seeds- Pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds make a fun add-in
- Other add-ins- shredded coconut and coconut flakes are great for a slight coconut flavor.
More Keto cookie recipes
- Flourless Brownie Cookies
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Keto Cranberry Cookies (Paleo, Vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or prepare a Silpat cookie sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, combine your coconut oil and syrup and heat until warm. Whisk together until combined.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients and mix until just combined. If the batter is crumbly, add extra applesauce (or a small amount of milk). Fold through your cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Using your hands, form 12 small balls of dough and place on the cookie sheet. Press into a cookie shape and top with extra cranberries and chocolate chips. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until just golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on the tray completely.