This keto strawberry mousse is so fluffy, airy, and creamy, you won’t believe it is low carb! Made with just 3 ingredients, it’s the perfect instant dessert that is sure to impress! 3 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Strawberry Mousse
If there is ever a way for me to make a dessert without turning on an oven, then I’m all over it. It’s not that I don’t love a good baked good or cake- quite the contrary! It’s just if I had a choice to make something easier, then I’ll jump onto that. Recently, my mom gifted me a bunch of strawberries, which are perfect for no bake desserts.
Ever since realizing that strawberries were one of a few keto approved fruits, I have been using them in a plethora of keto desserts. While I typically stick to making a cheesecake or shortcake with it, I’ve recently loved making a strawberry mousse.
I’ve been meaning to share a keto strawberry mousse recipe for quite some time. It’s the BEST dessert to make whenever you have strawberries on hand, and I love how they need just 3 ingredients!
No refined sugar and no gelatine are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is extra light, fluffy, creamy, and airy. It’s sweet and full of strawberry flavor, without being overpowering.
I love entertaining during the warmer months and love whipping up this mousse for my friends- NO ONE believes me when I tell them it is low carb!
How do you make a keto strawberry mousse?
- Strawberries– Fresh and sliced strawberries that have had their hulls removed.
- Granulated sweetener of choice– I used allulose, but erythritol or monk fruit sweetener can also be used.
- Heavy cream– Either heavy cream or heavy whipping cream can be used. The latter will yield a fluffier and airy mousse.
In a high speed blender or food processor, add the strawberries and sweetener and blend until completely smooth. Next, add the cream into a mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold through the smooth strawberry mixture through the whipped cream.
Now, distribute the strawberry mousse amongst 6 small ramekins or glasses and refrigerate for at least two hours, to firm up.
Tips to make the best low carb strawberry mousse
- If you use heavy whipping cream, refrigerate the mousse for at least 4 hours, to prevent it from sinking.
- Feel free to reserve a small amount of the strawberry puree to line the glasses with for aesthetic purposes.
- For the ultimate dessert, serve the strawberry mousse with vanilla ice cream or coconut milk ice cream.
Storing and freezing the strawberry mousse
- To store: Strawberry mousse should be stored in the refrigerator, covered.
- To freeze: Place the mousse in a sealable container (or individual containers) and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More keto no bake dessert recipes to try
Keto Strawberry Mousse
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries sliced and hulled
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener of choice I used allulose, but monk fruit sweetener or erythritol can be used
- 1 cup heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
- In a high speed blender or food processer, combine the sliced strawberries with the granulated sweetener until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, add the heavy cream and beat very well, until stiff peaks form. Gently fold through the pureed strawberry mixture until combined.
- Distribute the strawberry mousse mixture amongst 6 small glasses or ramekins. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, to firm up.