Learn how to make many homemade ice cream recipes in the fabulous Ninja Creami! Classic ice creams, low carb, high protein, and even sorbets, these are the best recipes ever.
You may have already seen it all over Instagram or Tiktok, but frozen dessert lovers are obsessed over the instant ice cream maker, the Ninja creami.
Whether you’re a seasoned ice cream connoisseur or a rookie in the realm of frozen treats, this magical machine is about to revolutionize your dessert experience like never before.
Table of Contents
- What is a Ninja Creami?
- Why you’ll love these Ninja creami recipes
- Ingredients needed
- How to make ice cream in a Ninja creami
- Flavor variations
- Tips to make the best recipe
- Dietary swaps and substitutions
- Storage instructions
- Recommended tools to make these recipes
- More ice cream recipes to try
- Frequently asked questions
- Ninja Creami Recipes
What is a Ninja Creami?
The Ninja Creami machine is an ice cream maker designed to make homemade frozen desserts like ice cream, gelato, and sorbet. It can also make instant milkshakes, cocktails, smoothies, and frozen drinks.
Customizable options and the ability to control ingredients allow users to create healthier and personalized frozen treats in the comfort of their homes.
Why you’ll love these Ninja creami recipes
- Tons of variety. The Ninja Creami offers a wide range of dessert options, allowing you to experiment and create various frozen treats like ice cream, gelato, sorbet, and more, all according to your taste and preferences.
- Minimal ingredients. Most recipes need just a handful of ingredients, and some need just milk and flavoring!
- Diet friendly. You can use this magical gadget to make keto, low calorie, protein, and even vegan ice creams.
- Small servings. Each batch of ice cream makes just one pint, so you don’t have to feel bad about polishing it all off!
- Customizable settings. Each button on the machine is specific depending on what you’d like to make- lite ice cream, smoothie bowls, or another other sweet treat.
This is a base recipe for a classic vanilla ice cream. See below for flavor and dietary variations.
- Cream cheese. A little odd but adding cream cheese to most Ninja creami recipes will guarantee an always creamy dessert. Vegan, lactose free, and low fat options all work.
- Heavy cream. Also known as double cream. Avoid heavy whipping cream, as it will yield a thinner consistency.
- Milk. Whole milk is preferred, but almond milk, oat milk, or non-fat milk work.
- Sugar. White or superfine sugar.
- Vanilla extract. Or vanilla bean paste.
How to make ice cream in a Ninja creami
Step 1- Freeze the ingredients and container. Melt the cream cheese with some cream and whisk in the sugar until dissolved. Transfer to the Ninja creami pint container, whisk in the remaining ingredients, put the lid on, and place it in the freezer for at least four hours.
Step 2- Churn (Creamify!). Attach the container to the Ninja creami ice cream maker. Turn it on and let it churn.
Step 3- Serve. Stop the Ninja creami and scoop it into bowls and enjoy.
Here are just a handful of tried and tested flavors. Be sure to check back regularly as we update them.
- Cookies and cream. 1 tablespoon cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, 3/4 cup heavy cream, 1 cup milk, 3-4 sandwich or Oreo cookies.
- Chocolate protein ice cream. 1 3/4 cups premade chocolate protein shake and 2 tablespoons chocolate pudding mix (standard or sugar free).
- Cinnamon roll protein ice cream. 1 3/4 cups premade cinnamon roll protein shake (or protein powder whisked with milk), 2 tablespoons vanilla pudding mix (standard or sugar free) and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Strawberry ice cream. 8 ounces of strawberries, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup milk, and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mango sorbet. 15 ounces of canned or packaged mango pieces in their juices.
- Pineapple sorbet. 15 ounces of canned or packaged pineapple chunks in their juices.
- Frozen yogurt. 16 ounces of vanilla or any flavored yogurt.
- Peanut butter ice cream. 2 tablespoons cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, 3/4 cup heavy cream, and 1 cup milk.
- Mint chocolate chip ice cream. 1/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon peppermint extract, 3/4 cup heavy cream, 1 cup whole milk, 1/4 teaspoon green food coloring, and 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Chocolate ice cream. 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 3/4 cup heavy cream, and 1 cup of milk.
- Mixed berry sorbet. 1 cup each of fresh raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Freeze the pint container in advance. Keeping the creami container frozen will help achieve better results and faster freezing of the dessert mixture. I recommend at least an hour before using it.
- Chill Ingredients. Using chilled ingredients (like milk or cream) will help the ice cream freeze up quicker and also yield a creamier dessert.
- Re-churn if needed. Sometimes the frozen dessert may look crumbly on top and that just means you need to continue churning it with the machine.
- Experiment with Flavors and Mix-ins. If the suggested flavor variations weren’t enough for you, try adding your favorite candy, cookies, fruit, nuts, or seeds.
- Don’t Overfill the container. Always leave some room for expansion and prevent anything from overflowing. Do not go higher than the max fill line around the containers.
- Add Mix-ins at the Right Time. Aim to add your favorite mix-ins towards the end of the churning process. This helps them distribute more evenly and prevents them from sinking to the bottom.
- Experiment with Sweeteners. While white sugar is most common, you can try liquid sweeteners like honey or maple syrup, or sugar free alternatives like allulose.
Dietary swaps and substitutions
Depending on your dietary needs, you can easily adapt each recipe to fit them. These include using vegan cream cheese instead of a dairy based one, sugar substitutes instead of sugar, and various fruits or flavor extracts for different flavors.
To store: Ninja creami desserts are best enjoyed within 2 days of making it. If the dessert is too hard, let it thaw for 10-15 minutes before scooping.
Recommended tools to make these recipes
- Ninja creami ice cream machine. I mean, you need the gadget to be able to make all the frozen desserts!
- Pint containers. So you don’t need to wait to re-freeze each one!
More ice cream recipes to try
- Cottage cheese ice cream
- Peanut butter ice cream
- Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
- Superman ice cream
- Oat milk ice cream
- Almond milk ice cream
Frequently asked questions
Yes, non-dairy milks like almond, soy, or coconut milk will all work in a Ninja creami. Be wary that depending on the other ingredients used, the ice cream may not be as creamy.
It typically takes around 3-4 minutes to churn a batch of ice cream using the Ninja creami. If you’d prefer a more scoopable consistency, you can freeze the mixture for a further 30 minutes.
Because of the quick churning time, rarely will ice crystals form. If you do notice some, it’s likely due to not freezing the bowl properly or not mixing the ingredients thoroughly before churning.
It’s best to allow 1-2 hours between each churning cycle to allow time to re-freeze the container. However, if you have multiple bowls, you can make multiple ice cream or frozen desserts back to back.
Because the actual Ninja Creami doesn’t touch the ice cream, the only thing you’ll need to regularly clean is the ice cream bowl.
If you don’t freeze the ingredients beforehand, you’ll find the texture of the dessert to be more like soft serve or a thick shake.
Ninja Creami Recipes
- Microwave the cream cheese with 1 tablespoon of cream until the cream cheese has softened. Transfer it to a Ninja creami pint, add the sugar, and whisk together until the sugar disolved.
- Slowly add in the remaining cream and milk until combined.
- Place the lid on the pint container and store it in the freezer for 24 hours.
- Remove the lid from the pint and attach the container to the Ninja creami. Select ice cream and let it churn through an entire cycle.
- Remove the pint from the machine and scoop into bowls immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.