These keto white chocolate cranberry cookies consist of an almond and coconut flour cookie dough, loaded with white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. You’ll never believe these classic cookies are low carb and sugar free!
I love giving classic cookies a keto and low carb makeover. These white chocolate cranberry cookies are my new favorite! Along with the cranberry chocolate chip cookies and flourless brownie cookies, they are perfect for your next cookie exchange, Christmas or holiday party!
Growing up, white chocolate cranberry cookies were my favorite cookies during the holidays. However, they were definitely not vegan or keto-friendly! With many readers requesting more keto and vegan recipes, giving them a healthier makeover had to happen!
How to make keto white chocolate cranberry cookies
The first step is to preheat the oven to 180C/350F, for at least 10 minutes. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside. You’ll then prepare the cookie dough by mixing together the dry ingredients, followed by the wet ingredients. After combining them together, you’ll fold through the cranberries and white chocolate chips. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges and just cooked. Cool them on the pan until they reach room temperature.
Tips and Tricks for PERFECT Keto White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Do not overbake the cookies, as they continue to cook as they cool on the warm baking tray. I’d recommend removing the cookies out of the oven when they look ‘just’ cooked
- Reserve some white chocolate chips to top the cookies with, to ensure each cookie is loaded with them.
- Bake the cookies immediately, as the dough does not refrigerate well. If you leave it out too long, it will become crumbly and difficult to form into balls of dough.
- Use blanched almond flour as opposed to traditional almond flour, as the cookies will have a soft and chewier texture. It will also have a gorgeous light color.
Is white chocolate keto friendly?
Traditional white chocolate is not keto-friendly. However, there are several brands on the market that are 100% keto-approved and suitable for a keto diet. Some keto white chocolate brands include Torras white chocolate and Chocolat Stella Swiss White chocolate.
These chocolate bars have NOT been tested for recipes and are best for snacking.
Keto White Chocolate and Keto White Chocolate Chips
When it comes to keto recipes calling for white chocolate, there are now keto chocolate chips available to be used!
I was fortunate to have a friend recently returned from America with several bags of keto white chocolate baking chips. They purchased them from Walmart, and after some research, I see that they can be available on Amazon.
This brand works beautifully in baked recipes, as evidenced by these cookies. Unfortunately, these are the only keto-approved white chocolate baking chips have used.
How to make keto white chocolate
I haven’t personally made keto white chocolate myself, but there are several recipes online which use cacao butter and other ingredients.
Again, I cannot personally vouch for this method, as I haven’t experimented with them in my recipes.
For no-bake recipes, I DO tend to use drops of coconut butter, which, went cooled, becomes firm like mock chocolate chips.
Vegan, Gluten Free and Paleo Substitutions for White Chocolate Chips
Vegan white chocolate chips- When I make vegan cookies calling for white chocolate chips, I prefer using these baking chips. They hold their shape and have a delicious, sweet flavor. I also enjoy using these white chocolate baking pieces.
Gluten Free white chocolate chips- I like using these gluten-free white chocolate chips for strictly gluten-free cookie recipes.
Paleo White Chocolate Chips- I haven’t found a suitable paleo white chocolate chip for baking. Instead, I like to heat up coconut butter and drizzle over the tops of the cookies.
Storing keto white chocolate cranberry cookies
Cookies will keep fresh at room temperature, in a sealed container, for up to 5 days. The cookies can also be stored in the fridge and will keep for up to 2 weeks.
These cookies are freezer friendly and can be stored in the freezer to enjoy later. They will keep well frozen for up to 6 months.
More keto cookie recipes you’ll love
- Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy M&M Cookies
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
Keto White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup keto maple syrup can substitute for traditional maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce * See notes
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup keto white chocolate chips see post for substitutions
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all your dry ingredients, except for your chocolate chips and cranberries, and mix well.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine your coconut oil and syrup and heat until warm. Whisk together until combined. Alternatively, you can heat it over the stovetop.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients and mix until just combined. If the batter is crumbly, add extra applesauce or a small amount of milk. Fold through your white chocolate chips and cranberries, reserving a few for the top.
- Form 12 small balls of dough and place it on the cookie sheet. Press into a cookie shape and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until just golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on the tray completely.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
So awesome yr recipes…thank you!!
You are so welcome! 🙂