Set your timer to ten minutes as that’s all you’ll need to make these delicious no bake protein bars which have all the flavours of a s’mores bar, but so much healthier! These bars are gluten free, vegan, dairy free and a much healthier alternative to store bought protein bars.
You might think will all these jokes made about Quest Bars that I’m somewhat against them or think of them in negative light but in actual fact, I do enjoy them. During university, during errands and random snacking back in Australia, I’d often resort to them (when I had them in possession). They were filling, tasted good and came in a variety of flavours.
FUN FACT- Last year, I even went to the Quest headquarters to meet the epic Clark and the team there. I first ‘met’ Clark back in the early days of TBMW and since then, we’ve kept in contact. Quest have really supported TBMW in the early days and continue to do so with giveaways and product and I’m appreciative of that.
What DOES baffle me is when people somehow claim these bars are desserts, cheat meals or something to ‘earn’. When I choose to eat a quest bar, it’s my notion of a healthy snack choice when I’m busy or know a meal is a while away because it’s filling and satisfying. You will not, however see me dancing around one after dinner, putting a candle in it and having a hot date. I’m sorry but not even humans get that treatment.
My No Bake S’mores Protein Bar recipe was inspired by Quest’s newest flavour. However, in terms of ingredients and taste/texture, it is different.
Will you be able to call my version a dessert like the Quest bar version? No.
Will you be able to broil it, make it into waffles or bake it into baked goods like Quest Bars do? Probably not.
Will you be able to shape and form it into a damn ball gown like Quest Bars do? Yes.
However, you can be confident knowing you’ve got a delicious SNACK which is full of delicious, wholesome ingredients which take no time to make and
can be worn as a ball gown and yes. You’d better be a fan of these because I have a couple of sneaky ones to share inspired by them too!
These Healthy No Bake S’mores Protein Bars are your new high protein snack bar to add to your snacking repertoire. Depending on whether you choose to eat them at room temperature or slightly thawed, their texture is amazing. They are soft, chewy and just like a fudge bar and can be more or less firm, depending on your preferences. They are not only high in protein, but are also refined sugar free, gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
I opted to use these marshmallows and these chocolate chips for the campfire S’mores recipe and they have remained firm favourites for me. To get the ‘graham cracker’ texture, I actually used these Mary’s Gone Cracker’s graham minis.
Make these No Bake S’mores Protein Bars but don’t consider it dessert…unless it’s eaten over an ice cream sundae with a waiter called ‘Nigel’ by your side to refill promptly.
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour (rolled oats ground to a flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup vegan or casein protein powder*
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice (optional)
- 2 T crushed gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup mild tasting nut butter (I used cashew butter)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (can sub for honey or another sticky sweetener)
- 1 T + dairy free milk of choice**
- Handful of mini marshmallows
- Handful of dairy free chocolate chips
- Line a large baking dish with greased baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your oat flour, coconut flour, protein powder, granulated sweetener and crushed graham cracker crumbs and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter with your liquid sweetener. Pour into your dry mixture and mix very well. If mixture is still crumbly, using a tablespoon at a time, at dairy free milk until a thick batter is formed.
- Add your mini marshmallows and chocolate chips and transfer the bar batter into the lined pan and press firmly.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- * From personal experience, strict whey based protein powders don't work well and make the mixture extremely difficult to work with.
- ** Depending on the brand of protein powder, liquid sweetener and coconut flour you use, you may need more or less dairy free milk. Adjust accordingly.
Are you a fan of Quest Bars? Favourite flavour?
Will you attempt to make a ball gown out of this bar?Keep in touch with me:
Twitter -> @thebigmansworld
Instagram – > thebigmansworld
Facebook – > thebigmansworld
Pinterest -> thebigmansworld
Bloglovin’ -> thebigmansworld