These air fryer hash browns cook in a fraction of the time as the oven or deep fryer! Crispy and perfectly golden, they work with both fresh and frozen patties.
We tend to cook a lot of potatoes in our air fryer.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick. Compared to oven baking or deep frying, these hash browns cook in no time whatsoever.
- Works with fresh or frozen ones. We like to use pre-frozen hash browns but freshly made ones work just as well!
- Cheap. Frozen hash browns are one of the cheapest frozen foods available, and they can feed a crowd!
What I love about this recipe is just how perfect they turn out every single time. Crispy on the outside, fluffy in the middle, what more could I ask for?
- Hash browns. I used frozen patties, but homemade ones work too.
- Cooking spray. Use olive oil or any other neutral-flavored oil.
How to air fry hash browns?
Honestly, this recipe is so simple, even a toddler could do it (but maybe not around the air fryer!). Ready to have breakfast side in seconds?
Step 1: Prep the air fryer
To begin, preheat your air fryer to 190C/375F for 5 minutes. Before placing the hash browns in the air fryer basket, get the cooking spray handy and grease it up to ensure they don’t stick.
Step 2: Air fry the hash browns
Now, add a single layer of hash browns into the air fryer basket and air fry them for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
You will know the hash browns are done when they are crispy and golden on both sides. Once done, remove them from the air fryer.
Can I use homemade hash browns?
Yes, you can use homemade hash browns. Simply make them from scratch and then shape them into patties. Once formed, follow the same process as the frozen ones.
- To Store: Leftovers can easily be stored in your fridge for 3 to 5 days in an air-sealed container.
- To Freeze: If the hash browns are already pre-frozen/pre-cooked, avoid re-freezing them if they have been air fried.
- Reheating: Just pop them in a pre-heated air fryer till thoroughly warmed.
More air fryer recipes to try
Frequently asked questions
Air frying frozen hash browns for 10 minutes is sufficient. Make sure you flip them halfway through.
Yes, this recipe is gluten-free because none of the ingredients contains gluten. However, be sure to check the packaging to ensure the hash brown patties weren’t prepared in a facility that also prepares foods that contain wheat, etc.
Yes, you can reheat them in the air fryer. Simply air fry at 180C/350F for 2-3 minutes, until you hear them sizzling.
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Air Fryer Hash Browns recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Air Fryer Hash Browns (Frozen Or From Scratch)
- 4 frozen hash browns
- Preheat the air fryer to 190C/380F.
- Grease an air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place 4 hash brown patties in it and air fry for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the hash browns from the air fryer basket once crispy and golden.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.