Learn how to prepare air fryer potato wedges; crispy outside, fluffy and tender inside. Ready in minutes, they are a perfect snack or side dish!
Cooking potatoes in the air fryer is our jam.
Ready to make some potato wedges?
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Simple ingredients. Besides potatoes and seasonings, there isn’t much else that goes into it!
- Quick. Air frying instead of baking wedges are so much faster!
- Healthy. With less oil used, these potato wedges are healthier than air fried counterparts.
What I love about this recipe is just how perfect the texture is: crispy on the outside, fluffy in the middle; you’d think they were deep-fried! Now, where is my Big Mac sauce to dip them into?
- Russet potatoes. Cut into wedges of even thickness.
- Olive oil. Any neutral flavored oil works.
- Salt and pepper. To season.
- Spices. We used garlic powder and smoked paprika.
How to air fry potato wedges
This recipe is very simple and the air fryer takes care of all the hard work!
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer
Turn on your air fryer and let it pre-heat to 200C/400F for 2-3 minutes. In the meanwhile, take some oil and grease the air fryer basket.
Step 2: Season the potatoes
Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and olive oil to a zip-lock bag and mix well before adding your potato wedges and shaking the bag. Do this till all the wedges are thoroughly seasoned.
Step 3: Cook wedges in the air fryer
Put a layer of seasoned wedges in the greased frying basket and air fry for no more than 25 minutes. Be sure to shake or flip them to ensure they don’t stick and cook evenly.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Soak your cut-up potato wedges in cold water for 30 minutes before air frying them. Soaking potatoes in water beforehand releases the extra starch which in turn will yield extra crispy wedges.
- Regularly shake the air fryer basket so all sides of the potatoes cook evenly.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket. If needed, cook the potato wedges in batches.
To store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to three days.
To freeze: Once the wedges have cooled, place them in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to two months.
Reheat: Heat up using an air fryer for 5 to 6 minutes or until they are warm and crisp.
More air fryer recipes to try
Frequently asked questions
Wedges should be air-fried for at least 20 minutes, as they are much chunkier than French fries or non-starchy vegetables.
Soaking the potatoes in water will remove starch from them so they won’t stick to each other while cooking. They also will often be crispier.
If not soaked in water to remove starch, the potato wedges will turn out soggy. They also won’t be crispy if you add more than one layer of wedges to the air fryer basket at a time.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Preheat the air fryer to 200C/400F. Grease the air fryer basket.
- In a ziplock bag, add the olive oil and spices. Add the potato wedges and shake the bag until all the potatoes are seasoned.
- Add a single layer of potato wedges into the air fryer basket and air fry for 20-25 minutes, shaking halfway through.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.