The best healthy thick and fluffy low carb keto pancakes with chocolate chips! Made with almond flour and coconut flour, these pancakes are also sugar free and packed with protein. These healthy low carb pancakes also come with a flourless and egg-free option! Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
Who says eating low carb breakfasts have to be bland, boring or strictly savory? These fluffy low carb chocolate chip pancakes are your answer!
Fluffy Keto Pancakes
Both these pancakes have their merits and I wanted a home base for them!
After some experimenting, it became clear that I couldn’t create one specific pancake recipe which could fulfill all dietary lifestyles. As such, I’ve developed and am sharing one pancake, two options.
Regardless of which pancake recipe you choose, they both have some key similarities-
- ultra THICK and FLUFFY
- Quick, easy and one-bowl recipe
- Can be batch cooked for meal-prep
- Freezer friendly
- Minimal ingredients
How to make Low Carb Keto Pancakes Fluffy
Keto and low carb pancakes tend to use several ingredients which this recipe promises to omit! These keto pancakes are made with NO cream cheese, NO dairy, and NO butter, but you’d never tell. Instead, to make them filling and satisfying, they use a blend of coconut flour and almond flour.
Are coconut flour and almond flour low carb?
Contrary to popular belief, coconut flour and almond flour are both indeed considered low carb flours, perfect for ketogenic low carb desserts and baked goods.
Coconut Flour- Coconut flour is a very low carb, high fiber flour, which is unlike another other flour on the market. It has a mild coconut taste and when combined with any type of moisture (water, milk, eggs etc), it tends to soak it up like a sponge.
Coconut flour CANNOT be replaced with any other flour in a recipe.
Almond Flour- Often referred to as almond meal, almond flour is made of finely ground almonds pulsed to a flour texture. Like coconut flour, almond flour is extremely low carb but is able to mimic a traditional flour much easier. I’ve personally found almond flour can often replace wheat-based flour on a cup to cup ratio.
For these fluffy keto low carb pancakes, both almond flour and coconut flour will be mixed with eggs to yield pillow like pancakes.
How to make Flourless Eggless Fluffy Pancakes
For the fluffy flourless vegan pancake version, you will use a different combination of ingredients to yield thick pancakes.
How to ensure the eggless pancakes are super fluffy
To ensure the eggless pancakes are thick and fluffy, you will need to use apple cider vinegar. This causes a reaction with the other ingredients and once hitting the pan, will yield the best texture.
If you don’t have apple cider vinegar, you can replace this with either lemon juice or lime juice.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR FOOL-PROOF PERFECT FLUFFY PANCAKES
- Blend all your ingredients together instead of mixing by hand- I’ve found this to produce the best fluffy low carb pancakes. I recommend using a good quality blender and ensuring you scrape down the sides using a rubber spatula.
- Use a good quality non-stick frying pan to cook the pancakes. Even though it is non-stick, it doesn’t hurt to spritz some cooking spray or some oil over it.
- Although more time consuming, please cook on low-medium heat, to ensure pancakes are evenly cooked.
- COVER COVER COVER! Cover your pancakes during the cooking process to ensure the center is cooked, and allows less air in, yielding pillow-like pancakes.
Want more delicious healthy low carb keto and/or flourless eggless fluffy pancakes? Gotcha covered!
- Blueberry Smoothie Pancakes (Flourless, Eggless, Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes (Keto, Low Carb, Sugar Free, Paleo, Vegan)
- Banana Smoothie Pancakes (Eggless, Flourless, Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Thick Fluffy Vanilla Pancakes (Paleo, Keto, Low Carb, Dairy Free)
Fluffy Low Carb Keto Pancakes (Paleo, Vegan)
For the Fluffy Low Carb Keto Pancakes (Keto, Paleo, Sugar Free)
For the Fluffy Flourless Chocolate Chip Pancakes (Vegan, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Egg Free)
- In a high-speed blender or mixing bowl, add all your ingredients, except for chocolate chips, and pulse or mix until a thick batter remains. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Allow the batter to sit for 5-10 minutes. After this time period, if the batter is too thick, add extra milk of choice if needed.
- Over low-medium heat, preheat a lightly greased non-stick pan. Using a 1/4 cup, pour even cupfuls of batter into the heated pan. Cover the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the edges are golden and slightly bubbling. Flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, or until cooked through. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Enjoy immediately or allow to cool completely before freezing for later consumption.