Thick and fluffy low carb cinnamon roll pancakes with two options! One is flourless and egg-free and the other uses almond flour and coconut flour to produce a keto friendly meal. Paleo, Vegan, Sugar Free, Gluten Free.
If my pancakes aren’t thick, fluffy and pillow-like, we’re going to have a problem.
Ever since I mastered the art of learning how to make low carb pancakes without protein powder, the game has changed.
These fluffy low carb cinnamon roll pancakes come in two versions- A flourless version (which is vegan and gluten-free) and a keto and paleo friendly version.
Both are super thick and fluffy
Use minimal ingredients
Satisfying and filling
Quick and easy to whip up
However, it wasn’t an easy road to get here.
Based on reader feedback, my original low carb pancakes have either been a massive hit or they’ve gone the opposite direction.
As much as I preach to cook them on low heat and covered, there is one ingredient which can make or break the recipe- Coconut flour.
I’ve tried many coconut flour brands over the last few years and I can confidently say that no brand is the same. Some brands require a smaller amount of liquid (milk, water, etc) yet others will see you continue adding more and more until it reaches the desired consistency.
Furthermore, the vegan option was included in the recipe and was also hit or miss. To combat this AND be able to provide to both audiences, I’m sharing two options for these fluffy cinnamon roll pancakes-
The vegan/flourless + gluten-free version- Using rolled oats or quinoa flakes, and without any eggs or dairy needed.
The keto/low carb/grain free and paleo version- Using a combination of almond flour, coconut flour, and eggs.
Is coconut flour low carb?
Coconut flour is indeed considered a low carb flour and is a popular ingredient amongst the paleo, low carb, and keto communities.
Is almond flour low carb?
Like coconut flour, almond flour is also very low in carbs but is able to mimic the texture of traditional flour much easier. Aim for finely milled or ground almond flour as opposed to the almond meal, which can be a little more coarse and gritty.
For the low carb keto version, you’ll use a combination of almond flour, coconut flour, and eggs. I’ve found that the addition of eggs really does give these pancakes the perfect texture- Cake like and fluffy.
For the flourless, vegan and dairy-free version,
ROLLED OATS OR QUINOA FLAKES
I personally prefer rolled oats, as the taste was very similar to a traditional flour-based pancake. Using ground quinoa flakes (or quinoa flour) did yield a slightly better texture, but I could definitely tell that there it was quinoa based.
Tips and tricks to ensure ultra fluffy low carb cinnamon roll pancakes-
- Do not substitute between either of the options- If you want the flourless vegan one, use the ingredients specific to that. For those of you wanting the low carb keto pancakes, the same applies. This is a two-for-one recipe.
- For the flourless version, you can swap out the apple cider vinegar for lemon juice or lime juice. Also, depending on the starch you use, you may need to add more liquid to form a pourable batter.
- To ensure pancakes are ultra thick and fluffy, cook on lower heat and keep covered, if possible. Only flip when the edges start to bubble and PLEASE grease your pan- We don’t want pancakes unable to be flipped or stuck.
- My favorite products used include this high-speed blender, this non-stick pan (even though it is non-stick, I still greased it slightly), and this spatula for easy flipping.
BONUS! These fluffy cinnamon roll pancakes are freezer friendly- Simply batch cook extra and freeze them in ziplock bags. To reheat, either thaw in the microwave on medium power or reheat in the greased pan (from a thawed state, for 2-3 minutes).
More delicious pancake recipes? These are the reader favorites!
SHARE YOUR RE-CREATION AND TAG #THEBIGMANSWORLD AND FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM. YOU CAN ALSO SHARE A PHOTO OF YOUR RECIPE ON THEBIGMANSWORLD FACEBOOK PAGE!
Watch how to make fluffy pancakes below!
Fluffy Low Carb Keto Cinnamon Roll Pancakes (Paleo, Vegan)
Keto Low Carb Version (Keto, Paleo, Sugar Free)
Flourless Version (Vegan, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Egg-Free)
- In a high-speed blender, add all your ingredients and blend until fully combined and a thick batter remains.
- Allow the batter to rest for 5-10 minutes, allowing the coconut flour/rolled oats to thicken. If the batter is too thick, continue to add milk of choice.
- Preheat a greased/oiled pan over low-medium heat. Pour scant 1/4 cup portions of batter on the hot pan. Cover the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles form on the edges and flip. Continue cooking until all the batter is used up.
- Once pancakes are cooked, prepare your sticky cinnamon roll glaze. Melt your coconut butter and add the cinnamon. Thin out with milk and drizzle over the top.
© thebigmansworld.com ® All content, recipes, and images are legally protected by copywrite. Please do not use my images or recipes without permission. Please contact Arman if you need further clarification.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld