An easy dairy free and no bake recipe for pumpkin cheesecake bites! Tested two ways, one uses a homemade dairy free cream cheese and the other is a keto-friendly version! Both paleo, vegan and completely sugar free!
Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
Dairy free and keto friendly cheesecakes have been on my bucket list for a very long time.
Although there are several cheesecake recipes in my upcoming cookbook, I wanted to kick off the first official healthy vegan cheesecake inspired recipe with a twist- A no bake cheesecake bite recipe!
These pumpkin cheesecake bites are your healthy, creamy and delicious no bake dessert ready in minutes! Loaded with pumpkin flavor and a hint of cinnamon, they are the perfect quick and easy dessert which just happens to also come with a keto-friendly option!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites Ingredients
- Cream cheese
- A nut or seed butter of choice
- Granulated sweetener of choice
- Unsweetened pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin Pie Spice mix
When it comes to the nut or seed butter, I used smooth cashew butter, as it had the least flavor profile. Almond butter will also work well. For non-paleo readers, you can use peanut butter, but the flavor is overpowering.
To keep these cheesecake bites 100% nut-free, use sunflower seed butter.
I used a monk fruit sweetener, but any granulated sweetener of choice will work. Baking stevia and coconut palm sugar will be fine to use.
Don’t waste money buying pumpkin pie spice- You can easily make your own here!
Homemade cream cheese or store-bought cream cheese
Making these healthy no bake pumpkin cheesecake bites can be super simple if you aren’t opposed to using a store-bought cream cheese.
As mentioned earlier, this has been tested twice, using store-bought cream cheese and also a homemade cream cheese.
I prefer using a store-bought one as it is less time consuming, but also has a thicker texture.
For my keto friends, any cream cheese of choice will work.
Vegan and Dairy Free Cream Cheese
I often get asked if there a vegan and dairy free cream cheese and the answer is YES!
I’ve tried several brands-
- Go Veggie Foods classic plain
- Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
- Daiya Cream Cheeze
The best vegan and dairy free cream cheese brand (for this recipe) was the Go Veggie! as it had a super thick texture and the perfect amount of tang. It was also the best tasting vegan cream cheese.
Check out your local grocery store, as they were the best place to buy them- I was impressed with the variety and availability, even in regional areas.
How to make paleo and vegan cream cheese
Using a homemade cream cheese is a little more time consuming, but you know exactly what ingredients go into it, and it also is dairy free, vegan and paleo friendly.
- 4 cups cashews, soaked in warm water
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- Remove the cashews from the water.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, add your cashews and blend until a crumbly texture remains. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until thick and creamy- This usually takes 5-10 minutes, depending on your specific blender/food processor. Only add extra milk if it too crumby- You want the cream cheese to be thick.
- Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate to firm up.
Tips and Tricks for the BEST No Bake Cheesecake Bites
For the best taste and texture of these no bake pumpkin cheesecake bites, ensure they are kept frozen. Because of the fragile nature of them, they will soften in the refrigerator, and even more so at room temperature.
To enjoy, allow thawing for 5-10 minutes before eating.
If using homemade cream cheese, move VERY quickly, as the batter will be quite thin.
The sweetness can easily be adjusted to suit your preferences. Don’t be afraid to add more granulated sweetener of choice.
Do not over-do the pumpkin puree, as it will make the cheesecake bites difficult to firm up.
Tools and Ingredients used to make these keto cheesecake bites-
- High-speed blender
- Food Processor
- Cashew Butter (or almond butter or sunflower seed butter)
- Granulated monk fruit sweetener
- Unsweetened Pumpkin Puree
No Bake Paleo Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites (Keto, Dairy Free)
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan or loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your softened cream cheese, smooth nut or seed butter and mix well. Add your pumpkin puree, granulated sweetener, and pumpkin pie spice and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the lined pan. Using a spatula, smooth out and place in the freezer for at least 45 minutes, or until firm. Cut into bars and enjoy!