Satisfy your sweet tooth with this healthy 4-Ingredient No Bake Paleo Vegan Coconut Cranberry Crack Bars recipe! Made completely sugar-free, these low carb and keto friendly coconut bars are seriously addictive and take minutes to whip up!
With all things cranberries in the air (Christmas, holidays, and all things festive), it was time to add some zing to the classic- 4 Ingredient Coconut Cranberry Crack Bars.
As a fan of textures and bold flavors, the cranberry/coconut combination certainly lives up to the ‘crack’ in its name- You really cannot stop at one.
After a bite of one of these bars, you’ll be hit with sweet, tangy, tart and satisfying in one. For such an addictively delicious recipe, you’d be pleasantly surprised at how guilt-free and healthy they are!
Not only are these quick and easy bars paleo, vegan and gluten-free, they also happen to be dairy free. Thanks to the special sticky sweetener used to bind them together, these no bake bars are also low carb, keto-friendly and refined sugar-free!
Need some proof? This step-by-step video for the chocolate version shows just how fool-proof and easy they are. Watch the recipe video below!
Using just 4 ingredients, these no bake bars literally take under 10 minutes to whip up! It’s a simple, 3-step process-
- Blend your coconut with cranberries
- Add your coconut oil and sticky sweetener
- Refrigerate or freeze until firm
That is it!
Within minutes, you’ll be left with your new favorite addiction!
HOW MUCH CRANBERRIES
To keep these low carb and keto friendly, you’d want to aim to keep the portion of cranberries used to 1/4 cup total.
If you can tolerate some natural sweetness and prefer a more tart crack bar, use up to 1 cup total. I tried using an equal amount of shredded coconut and the mixture was incredibly sticky and difficult to form.
Be wary of what kind of dried cranberries you want, as there are MANY options which have sugar or other additives added to them. The cranberries you use should only have one ingredient- Cranberries!
FOOD PROCESSOR VS BLENDER
Using a food processor or blender is necessary to ensure the coconut and cranberry mixture is evenly distributed. Technically, a mixing bowl can be used too, but the bars will be more chunky, and you’d likely need more coconut oil and/or sticky sweetener to shape.
When blending/processing, ensure that you are regularly scraping down the sides. If the mixture is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water.
THE STICKY SWEETENER
As mentioned earlier, while these coconut cranberry crack bars are paleo and vegan, I wanted to keep them low carb, sugar free and keto friendly.
To do this, I used a monk fruit sweetened maple syrup. This mimics the texture of traditional maple syrup, minus the carbs and sugar! If you can tolerate natural un-refined sugar, maple syrup, honey and agave syrup all work great.
A few of you asked if a granulated sweetener can be used. Unfortunately, I found through my testing that the bars would simply not shape properly.
For the ultimate no bake coconut cranberry crack bars, here are some tips and tricks-
- Finely milled coconut (desiccated coconut)- Using the finely blended coconut will make the process much quicker and the mixture to be evenly dispersed
- Chopped unsweetened cranberries– Similar to the finely milled coconut, using chopped cranberries versus whole cranberries will avoid any clumps and/or a longer blending time
- Refrigeration- Between freezing the bars or refrigerating them, I’d opt for the latter. This makes cutting them easier and also a softer texture.
Bonus tip! When pressing the batter into the pan, lightly wet your hands. You’ll find the transfer seamless and none of the batter sticking to your fingers!
Extra bonus tip- I had some leftover vegan and dairy free white chocolate from this recipe, so coated half the bars in them. Feel free to do so, especially if you intend on gifting these to others or leave them without, as below!
These 4-ingredient paleo vegan coconut cranberry crack bars will be your new favorite snack. They are deceptively satisfying and keep the sweet tooth in check. Set 5 minutes aside to make these sugar free and low carb no bake bars!
Looking for more keto friendly snacks to keep you satisfied? Gotcha covered!
4 Ingredient Paleo Vegan Coconut Cranberry Crack Bars (Keto, Sugar Free, No Bake) adapted from my Coconut Crack Bars and Homemade Bounty Bars
Paleo Vegan Coconut Cranberry Crack Bars
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, add your coconut and cranberries and pulse until combined and a thick, crumbly texture remains.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your coconut/cranberry mixture, coconut oil and sticky sweetener of choice, and mix until fully combined.
- Pour batter into a lined 8 x 8 inch or 8 x 10 inch baking tray. Lightly wet your hands then press the mixture firmly into place. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars and dip in optional chocolate of your choice.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld