Healthy Vegan Coconut Brownies- A thick, fudgy flourless brownie base topped with an addictive layer of thick coconut crack! Made with no eggs and no sugar, they are the best healthy dessert- Paleo, Keto, Low Carb, and Gluten Free.
After hitting a little recipe slump the last couple of weeks, I’m back with an easy recipe combining two of my favorite things- Brownies and coconut!
Healthy Coconut Brownies
Flourless brownies have been one of my favorite desserts (or even protein-rich snacks) to share on The Big Man’s World. Not only are they a personal favorite, but you guys seem to love them just as much as I do!
Brownies have an unfair stigma for being calorie and sugar bombs, but I disagree. When baked using different ingredients and adapting to smart swaps, it is easy to recreate a healthy alternative, without sacrificing on taste!
These easy coconut brownies are made with almond meal and NO coconut flour- something you guys have requested multiple times. Although I am a huge fan of using coconut flour in my recipes, brownies are ONE kind I try not to use it with.
To make these coconut brownies, you follow an easy 4-step process-
- Prepare a batch of either Low Carb Fudgy Brownies or flourless fudge brownies
- Allow the brownies to cool completely
- Top with a layer of homemade coconut crack
- Chill until firm and cut into pieces!
I mean, you really could just leave it at the brownies part, but adding the healthy coconut layer takes it up a notch. Not only that, but the coconut layer (because it is firm and not creamy) can easily be removed to be eaten as a two-parter- Win-Win!
Low Fat and High Protein Brownie alternatives
The brownie base is 100% adaptable to be made lower in fat, higher in protein, or a combination of both. I prefer using one of the two mentioned above as they have the traditional brownie taste and texture (ultra fudgy, crinkly tops!), but the ones below work just as well!
- 4 Ingredient Flourless Protein Brownies– The perfect brownie base if you want that extra dose of protein in it!
- 3 Ingredient Flourless Sweet Potato Brownies– This brownie is very low in fat, and is really soft and fudgy. You will need to refrigerate this for several hours before topping with coconut.
- Flourless Zucchini Fudge Brownies– Similar in texture to the fudge brownies, these just have shredded zucchini added to it!
Simple Substitutions for healthy coconut brownies
Almond meal- Instead of using a wheat-based flour or white flour, I made the brownie base using this. It is low carb, high fiber and has a delicious light flavor.
Nut or Seed Butter- Using nut or seed butter in the brownies replaces the need for any oil or butter! Nut and seed kinds of butter are high in protein, fiber and healthy fats- The perfect trio. Be sure to use a sweetened chocolate kind for the recipe, otherwise, your brownies will be bitter!
100% refined sugar free sweeteners– For the coconut layer, you will need to use a sticky sweetener. Using maple syrup, agave nectar or honey will ensure it is refined sugar free. To keep it completely sugar free (and low carb!), use a monk fruit sweetened maple syrup.
Unsweetened shredded coconut– Many packaged coconut is pre-sweetened, so use the unsweetened kind- you’ll cut the sugar, carbs and unnecessary ingredients out of it!
These healthy coconut brownies are so quick and easy to whip up, you have no excuse not to satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy way! Dessert, snack or post-workout treat- This has all your bases covered!
Healthy Vegan Coconut Brownies (Paleo, Keto, Sugar Free)
For the brownie base
- 1 batch Brownies
- Prepare your brownies as directed. Once cooked, allow to cool completely, then refrigerate.
- Once brownies are cooled and firm, transfer brownies to a deep pan and start preparing your coconut layer.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, combine all your ingredients and heat until warm and melted. Mix well to ensure all ingredients and fully incorporated.
- Remove the brownies from the fridge and spread the coconut layer over the top. Refrigerate until firm.
© thebigmansworld.com ® All content, recipes, and images are legally protected by copywrite. Please do not use my images or recipes without permission. Please contact Arman if you need further clarification.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld