Crunch brownies are a gooey brownie layer, topped with a homemade chocolate crunch bar! Easily made with or without rice crispy cereal, this is one showstopping dessert sure to impress!
Chocolate crunch bars and brownies are easily my two favorite desserts, so it was a no brainer to combine the two. A thick, fudgy brownie base topped with a crunchy chocolate rice krispies bar, it’s a chocolate dessert lovers’ dream.
These are one of my all time favorite desserts to bring to parties and events, as EVERYONE thinks it is super fancy and impressive. Little do they know how easy it is to make, and how diet friendly it is.
See, all it requires is any brownie base and any crunch bar topping. Seeing as I have plenty of keto, low carb, sugar free, AND vegan options, you can tailor these to fit any diet you wish. Keto crunch brownies? That works. Vegan crunch brownies? That too. Healthy ones? Sure!
Regardless of which option you choose, you’ll be left with something so delicious, you’ll have to stop yourself from eating them all yourself!
How do you make chocolate crunch brownies
- Brownies– You want the brownie layer to be thick and fudgy, but stable enough to hold the crunch bars. The best brownies to use are either the keto brownies or vegan brownies.
- Crunch Bars– If you are wanting these to be keto crunch brownies, make the keto crunch bars. If not, you can make my original crunch bars.
Start by preparing your brownies as directed. Allow them to cool completely. Once they have cooled down, refrigerate them while you make the crunch bar mixture. Once you’ve prepared it, pour it over the top of the chilled brownies and spread out to an even layer. Place back in the refrigerator to firm up.
Can I make these healthier?
If you’d like to make these healthy crunch brownies, make the keto crunch bars for the topping (or use a sugar free chocolate), but for the brownie layer, make one of these-
- Flourless Fudge Brownies– A super fudgy and keto friendly brownie made with pumpkin instead of flour or grains. These brownies aren’t super sweet, and are super fudgy.
- Greek Yogurt Brownies– My personal favorite! These brownies clock in at around 100 calories per piece, perfect for a lower calorie crunch brownie.
- No Bake Brownies– Skip the baking completely! A healthy, raw brownie, these are quicker than all the other brownies.
Tips to make the best brownies
- Chill the brownies before adding the crunchy topping. This will ensure the brownies will not sink once the mixture is added on top.
- While we do want thicker and chewier brownies, we also don’t want them to be overbaked. Remove from the oven when they are ‘just’ done and let them cool in their pans completely. Remember, brownies continue to cook as they cool down.
- Move quickly when spreading the crunch mixture over the brownies, as we don’t want the crunch bars to separate from the brownies once they firm up.
- The crunch bar mixture is very adaptable- add whichever crispy cereal or nuts/seeds of choice.
Storing and Freezing Brownies
- To store: Leftover crunch brownies will keep at room temperature, covered, for up to 1 week. Store them in the refrigerator if you’d like them to keep longer.
- To freeze: Place brownies in a ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More delicious desserts to try
- Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Homemade Oreos
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
- Copycat Starbucks Cookies
- Creme Brulee
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Crunch Brownies recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Crunch Brownies (Keto AND Vegan!)
- Prepare your brownies as directed. Let cool at room temperature, before refrigerating while preparing the crunch layer.
- Make your crunch bars as directed. Remove the brownie base from the refrigerator and moving quickly, spread the crunch bar mixture over the top, and spread out evenly, using a rubber spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, to firm up.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.