This Starbucks spinach feta wrap is a copycat recipe for the popular coffee shop breakfast! Make your own at home in under 5 minutes that tastes even better!
Need a savory breakfast inspiration? Try our famous spinach feta wrap.
Inspired by Starbucks, we opted to stop forking out tons of money every week and started making our own. It’s pretty straightforward to do: using simple and easy ingredients.
The difference between the homemade one and Starbucks? Ours is even healthier and more delicious, and most importantly, CHEAPER!
We use the same ingredients as Starbucks, but we make everything from scratch and skip out on all the preservatives and artificial flavors. Customize your egg white omelette with whatever spices you like! To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- Wholewheat tortillas. We used homemade low calorie wraps, but any tortilla or wrap work. Choose ones that are at least 10-inches so they can hold the fillings comfortably.
- Egg whites. You can use carton egg whites or fresh ones and use the yolks for something else! I only add salt and pepper to it, but you can jazz it up with other spices.
- Spinach. Fresh or frozen work.
- Feta Cheese. Crumbled feta is best, as it is dispersed amongst the wrap, but you can crumble a block of feta too.
- Sun dried tomatoes. Traditional Starbucks feta wraps use a spread, but using chopped sun dried tomato adds extra flavor to it. Alternatively, you can add sun fried tomato pesto.
- Spices of choice. Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes etc.
How to make a Starbucks spinach feta wrap
Starbucks spinach feta wraps are easy to make: the only thing to remember is to shape your omelette around 3/4 size of your tortilla so you can stuff it easily without it breaking. Here’s the basic idea of making spinach feta wraps (or see the recipe below for specifics):
- Make the omelette: Cook your egg whites with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you like. Roll it up from one side of the pan to the other to easily hold its shape in the shape.
- Wilt spinach: Moving quickly, add the spinach to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, until wilted.
- Assemble and fold: Add the egg white omelette to the center of the tortilla, followed by the spinach. Sprinkle the feta cheese and chopped sun dried tomatoes on top. Wrap it up and enjoy immediately.
Dietary swaps and substitutions
These feta spinach wraps are easy to customize to other diets or ingredient subs. Here are some tested options:
- Cut the carbs by using keto tortillas instead of a wheat based one.
- Make it vegan by using vegan feta cheese and crumbled tofu (or an egg substitute!).
- Swap the feta cheese for goat cheese, American cheese, or mozzarella cheese.
- Use whole eggs instead of egg whites.
- Cut the dairy by omitting the feta cheese completely.
Storage and make ahead info
This spinach feta wrap works as a fantastic make ahead breakfast and is perfect for a weekly meal prep. We recommend prepping them in batches of five for convenience and storage space!
To make ahead:
- Multiply the ingredients by 5 and follow the instructions until you have 5 complete spinach and feta wraps.
- Cover them in saran wrap ensuring there are no air pockets.
- Refrigerate them for up to one week or freeze them for up to two months.
- When ready to eat, toast them in a panini press or non-stick pan until warm.
More savory breakfast recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Compared to other breakfast options, the spinach wrap from Starbucks is a healthy option. It’s low in fat, high in protein, and has reasonable calories for a healthy breakfast.
Yes, you can use whole eggs when making the omelette.
Either fresh egg whites or egg whites from a carton work.
Starbucks Spinach and Feta Wrap
- On medium heat, coat a non-stick pan with oil or cooking spray. When hot, add your egg whites with spices of choice. Fold over and cook both sides. Remove from the pan.
- Add your fresh or thawed frozen spinach and cover for 1-2 minutes, until wilted. Set aside.
- Place your tortilla on a large piece of parchment paper. Add your eggs whites, wilted spinach, sun dried tomatoes and crumbled feta and wrap up. If made fresh, cut in half or if prepared in advance, heat in a panini press or grill until warm.