These flourless chocolate raspberry brownies are better than any boxed mix on the market, and are rich, moist and gooey in the centre with a firm and tender exterior- The perfect texture! Made with no flour, butter or margarine, these flourless brownies are naturally gluten free, paleo, vegan, dairy free and grain free!
Wow, that actually sounds incredibly silly. Besides milk, there isn’t any other chocolate left.
….or is there?
White chocolate and raspberry…
Dark chocolate and raspberry…
Milk chocolate and raspberry…
Nope, just those three.
The chocolate (milk or dark) and raspberry combination will indeed come second to white, but when it comes to one particular dessert/snack/treat, they trump their white counterparts- Brownies.
Summer is on the horizon (T minus 5 days!!!!) and what’s the best parts of Summer besides ice cream, the sun, the beach, the sun, frozen beverages, the sun, cold brew, the sun and well…the sun?
Turning a delicious shade of mocha.
Oh wait, I’m already that complexion.
I guess the next best thing is…..Summer
If there is one thing I love about the warmer weather is barbeques, grilling and dining al-fresco! Seriously, even a McDonalds cheeseburger tastes like edible couture when eaten outside. I’m teaming up with my friends at Blue Diamond to celebrate the start of Summer.
Obviously, snacking on their almonds SOLO is delicious, but incorporating them into something else? Even better.
Regardless of whether you go on a beach trip, weekend getaway or dinner party, food ALWAYS plays a central role, so today’s offering will have covered….
Flourless Brownie style, with a hint of Summer’s favorite berry- The raspberry!
These flourless chocolate raspberry brownies are better than any boxed mix on the market and ridiculously easy to whip up! They take under 30 minutes from prep to plate, and unlike traditional boxed mixes, contain no flour, butter or margarine, but you’d never tell! They are exactly what you want in a classic brownie- Oooey, gooey and moist in the centre with those gorgeous crackly edges. They use less than eight ingredients and ones which can easily be found in any supermarket! Because of the ingredients used, this delicious brownie recipe is naturally gluten free, paleo, grain free, dairy free and vegan!
HACK! I opted to use crushed Blue Diamond lightly salted almonds, along with the raspberries as a mix in. If you are allergic or don’t have those on hand, you can sub it for equal amounts of chocolate chips or chocolate chunks. I wouldn’t suggest subbing in extra raspberries, as those will ‘bleed’ through the whole brownie pan and you will NOT be blessed with those gorgeous crackly tops.
Make these flourless chocolate raspberry brownies and let’s give 10 cheers, a shimmy and a fist bump for the start of Summer.
…Or rather, make a quadruple batch of these brownies and freeze them away because let’s face it…It may be the last you use your oven for a little while.
Flourless Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
- 1/4 cup + 2 T coconut oil can sub for vegetable or canola oil
- 225 grams dark chocolate chopped roughly (I used a 100% cocoa one, for a dark taste)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 large eggs can sub for 1 flax egg or ener-g egg replacement
- 1/4 cup raspberries fresh or thawed from frozen
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 3 T arrowroot powder can sub for corn starch if not strictly paleo
- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond slightly salted almonds chopped finely (can sub for chocolate chips or chunks)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 pan with greaseproof paper or tin foil, with some overlay for easy removal. Grease it lightly and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, combine your chopped chocolate with coconut oil and melt together- The mixture should be silky smooth. Add your vanilla extract and mix lightly.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and add your eggs and coconut palm sugar and mix until fully incorporated. Add your raspberries, cocoa powder and arrowroot powder and whisk VERY well, until the batter is no longer grainy and smooth. Stir through chopped almonds until fully incorporated.
- Bake the brownies for 20-25 minutes, or until the centre just comes out clean. Do not over bake. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan completely. If possible, once cooled, transfer to the fridge to chill for the best texture.
Brownies can be kept for up to 5 days in the fridge and are freezer friendly.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Cheers, hugs and handshakes for supporting companies and brands which allow me to do what I’m passionate about every day, and make The Big Man’s World possible.
What is your favorite Summer fruit?
Do you enjoy Summer entertaining? I do, but the again, I love entertaining regardless!