Flourless keto brownies made completely nut-free and using just 6 ingredients! No avocado and dairy-free, this nut-free keto brownie recipe is better than any boxed mix- Paleo and vegan option included!
Just like the healthy flourless fudge brownies, the Nutella brownies and the best ever low carb brownies, this recipe for flourless nut free keto brownies are better than any boxed mix out there- It will be your healthy dessert game changer!
Flourless Keto Brownies Recipe
That’s right, these nut-free keto brownies are completely flourless and need 6 ingredients. Ever since sharing multiple healthy flourless dessert recipes, the number 1 request has been for flourless keto brownies.
There are many keto brownie recipes online, but all seem to require either cream cheese, avocado, stevia or some other form of dairy. This recipe is completely dairy free and uses a natural granulated sweetener- It also needs NO avocado.
Let’s save that for toast, okay?
How do you make brownies without flour? It’s easy, and I will show you how below!
My favorite thing about baking brownies without flour is that it takes the texture of cakes or brownies from delicious to absolutely fudgy, gooey and moreish. Not only that, depending on what ingredients you use, they can be much healthier too.
Not only are these flourless brownies keto friendly, they are also paleo, grain-free, gluten-free and have a vegan option!
Is chocolate keto-friendly?
Chocolate and cocoa powder can certainly be part of a ketogenic diet. As long as you use a stevia-sweetened chocolate (like these baking chocolate chips or these chocolate bars) or 100% unsweetened baking chocolate, you’ll be fine.
Bonus? The 100% unsweetened baking chocolate used in these flourless brownies are also paleo and vegan-friendly!
Is arrowroot powder keto-friendly?
Technically, arrowroot powder wouldn’t be considered keto-friendly based purely on the macronutrient makeup.
However, when used in this recipe, the amount distributed for each serving is minimal, reducing the overall carb count significantly. As such, using arrowroot powder in these particular brownies DOES enable them to be keto-friendly.
Quick note- Not all arrowroot powder paleo compliant, so be sure to read the ingredient list. I used this brand.
Are tapioca and arrowroot the same?
Tapioca flour (or tapioca starch) and arrowroot are not the same, however, can generally be subbed for one another in recipes.
I did test these brownies out using both tapioca flour and arrowroot powder, and they both work well. Tapioca flour was a little gooier but still had a fudgy texture. Be wary that using tapioca flour/starch will not be keto-friendly.
Keto and sugar-free sweeteners
If you watched my Instagram stories, you’ll remember that I mentioned trying out several granulated sweeteners- Both keto-friendly and non-keto friendly.
For a paleo and vegan flourless brownies, you can use coconut palm sugar. This would be the preferred method, as it yields the perfect level of sweetness.
If sugar is no issue for you, standard table sugar, white sugar or brown sugar will all work.
More delicious ketogenic desserts?
- Easy Keto Low Carb No Bake Recipes
- 19 Easy Keto Desserts
- 3 Ingredient Keto Coconut Cups
- Chocolate Keto Ice Cream
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 225 grams 100% baking chocolate Can use any baking chocolate of choice
- 3/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice * See notes
- 2 large eggs To keep it vegan, I prefer using Ener-G egg replacement
- 3 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips of choice I used a chopped up Stevia-sweetened milk chocolate bar (linked in the post)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 Celsius). Line an 8 x 8-inch deep pan or brownie pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, melt your coconut oil with your baking chocolate of choice. Once smooth and glossy, add all your other ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the brownie batter into the lined pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, and remove once a toothpick comes out 'just' clean from the center. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan completely, before slicing into pieces.
© thebigmansworld.com ® All content, recipes, and images are legally protected by copywrite. Please do not use my images or recipes without permission. Please contact Arman if you need further clarification.