Enjoy dessert for breakfast with these healthy flourless pumpkin breakfast brownies! Made with wholesome ingredients and loaded with chocolate flavor, these low carb and keto friendly brownies are delicious! Made without eggs and without sugar, these flourless brownies are paleo, vegan, gluten-free.
Breakfast Brownies Recipe
It’s time for brownies to take center stage!
Soft, fudgy and gooey, these brownies are delicious. They are perfect for breakfast, as they are packed with fiber, have no eggs, no sugar and come with a healthy easy frosting.
Unlike traditional brownies, these flourless brownies are deceptively easy, healthy and take less than 30 minutes to make. It’s fiber-rich, protein-rich, keto, low carb and sugar free. It’s also eggless, making it suitable for a paleo, vegan and gluten-free diet.
Pumpkin Breakfast Brownie Ingredients
- Pumpkin Puree- Pumpkin puree is a low carb, high fiber, and low-calorie starch. It’s keto approved and doesn’t leave a pumpkin taste. If you don’t follow a ketogenic diet, you can replace this with mashed banana or sweet potato.
- Cocoa Powder- Cocoa powder provides the rich, chocolate flavor, and helps provide some of the texture flour generally would. Use a good quality cocoa powder or dark cocoa powder.
- Almond Butter- Almond butter is the butter and egg replacement. It helps provide a rich flavor and slightly nutty texture. You can substitute it for cashew butter, tahini, sunflower seed butter or if you can tolerate peanuts, peanut butter.
- Liquid Stevia- Liquid stevia provides sweetness to the brownies, without any calories or carbs. Be sure your liquid stevia is one without a bitter aftertaste, like this one.
- Protein Powder (Optional)- Add a scoop or two of your favorite protein powder to give it a boost of protein and give the brownies a thicker texture. Please note, I have only tried out these protein powders here.
- Coconut Cream- Coconut cream is mixed with the chocolate chips to make the rich chocolate frosting.
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips- Use sugar free chocolate chips in the frosting to keep the brownies sugar free, keto and low carb. If you don’t follow a ketogenic diet, you can use dairy free chocolate chips.
How to make flourless breakfast brownies
Step 1- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper.
Step 3- Transfer the brownie batter into the lined pan. Bake the brownies for 15-20 minutes, or until the brownies are ‘just’ cooked (insert a skewer in the center).
Step 4- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan completely.
Step 5- Prepare the 2-ingredient chocolate frosting and spread over the cooled brownies. Slice into pieces.
How to make 2-ingredient chocolate frosting
Step 1- Heat up your coconut milk in a small saucepan. Once it begins to bubble, remove from the heat.
Step 2- Add your chocolate chips and whisk slowly, until the warm milk melts the chocolate.
Step 3- Pour the frosting over the brownies and refrigerate until firm.
Storing breakfast brownies
Flourless Pumpkin breakfast brownies should be stored in the fridge. They will keep well covered for up to 1 week.
Breakfast brownies are freezer friendly and will keep well frozen for up to 6 months. Wrap brownies in parchment paper and place individually, in a ziplock bag.
More healthy breakfast recipes
- Blueberry Breakfast Bake
- Flourless Breakfast Cookies
- Carrot Breakfast Cake
- Sticky Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal
Check out the step-by-step recipe video below for these healthy flourless pumpkin breakfast brownies- See how fudgy they are at the end!
Healthy Flourless Pumpkin Breakfast Brownies (Keto, Vegan, Paleo)
- Preheat the oven the 180C/350 F and coat a 8 x8-inch baking tray or small loaf pan with parchment paper/tin foil and grease lightly.
- In a high speed blender or food processor (or even by hand), add your pumpkin, almond butter, stevia and cocoa powder and blend until a thick batter remains.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out just clean from the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan completely. For the best texture, refrigerate after it has cooled, as it firms up beautifully.
For the frosting
- In a small saucepan, heat your coconut milk. When it starts to bubble, remove from heat.
- Add your chocolate chips into the warm milk and whisk until the chocolate chips have melted and combined.
- Pour over your chilled brownies and refrigerate until firm.