An easy recipe for no bake eggnog bites which are soft, chewy and packed with holiday spices! Ready in just 5 minutes, these protein-packed and dairy free eggnog bites are completely sugar-free and the perfect Christmas or holiday snack! Paleo, Vegan, Keto, Gluten-Free.
No Bake Eggnog Bites
“And then before we went out, we had these drinks called ‘Eggnog’. It was so good!”
“You drank eggs? You will get worms now.”
“No, mum. EGGNOG, not eggs. It’s a drink.”
“You will get worms.”
“YOU WILL GET WORMS.”
Don’t try to explain the beauty of the eggnog beverage to my mum. You will just need to accept the fact that you will indeed get worms.
Ironically, before I tried my first sip of eggnog (or rather, first heard of what eggnog was), I too thought it was a beverage based off raw eggs. However, once I learned that the eggs in it were cooked, I was game to try it and fell in love. The nerdy part of me pretended I was drinking Butterbeer, even though it had no relation whatsoever. Since being back in America, you can imagine just how excited I was to see Eggnog stocked at all the supermarkets.
Although I’ll pretend I didn’t see the store named brands whipping it out in SEPTEMBER.
What to do with leftover Eggnog
Traditional eggnog (or the ones I had previously sampled) had typically been full of refined sugar and unless made with a dairy-free milk was unsuitable for those following a vegan, paleo or dairy free lifestyle. I’ve partnered up with my friends at Silk to share a delicious recipe featuring their delicious eggnog! I’ve previously tried their Nog Original and was a huge fan.
This year, I experienced two new flavors- Their Almond Nog original (AMAZING in this recipe) and their Almond Nog Pumpkin Spice. The creamy, rich texture was perfect straight from the carton or one better- Warmed up for 30 seconds.
These healthy no Bake Eggnog bites are soft, chewy and doughy and the perfect snack to have on hand any time of the year! They also use one bowl and take less than 10 minutes to whip up. You’d think they were unhealthy because they taste like dessert but actually are the perfect healthy snack or dessert to enjoy anytime! They are naturally gluten-free, vegan, dairy free and come with a tested paleo and protein-packed option!
Homemade Eggnog VS Storebought
HACK! For my paleo and keto friends out there and for all those occasions the flavored eggnog isn’t available- Check out the instructions to make homemade ‘eggnog’ using Silk’s original unsweetened almond milk. This version is also paleo friendly, so my paleo friends don’t miss out!
Make these delicious no bake eggnog bites and if your ever in the presence of my mum, be aware that you will have worms.
If you love this recipe, you’ll LOVE these no bake banana bread bites- Check out the recipe video below for a step-by-step process!
- 1 3/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice * See notes
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cashew butter can sub for any nut butter
- 1/4 cup sticky sweetener of choice ** See notes
- 1/4 cup eggnog or homemade eggnog *** See notes
- 1 tbsp Granulated sweetener of choice to coat
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, heat your nut butter with your sticky sweetener until combined. Pour your wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix well. Add the eggnog until a thick batter is formed- If the batter is too thin, add a dash more coconut flour.
- Using your hands, form into small microwave-safe balls. Roll balls in extra granulated sweetener and place on a baking tray or plate. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to firm up.
More festival balls……Jingle Balls!
Have you ever tried Eggnog before?
Have you ever eaten a raw egg before? Cookie dough doesn’t count.