This keto alfredo sauce is a simple white sauce made with just 4 ingredients! Versatile and perfect on all kinds of dishes, it’s low in carbs but full of flavor!
The Best Keto Alfredo Sauce
This keto alfredo sauce recipe is one you’ll keep in your memory bank to make anytime and anywhere.
It’s made with just 4 ingredients: butter, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and garlic. That is it.
The texture is on point. It’s rich, creamy, and full of flavor.
Oh, and each serving is has less than 1 gram of carbs. Toss it through some keto pasta for a low carb dinner!
The beauty of this recipe is just how simple the ingredient list is. If you’ve made any of my other keto recipes before, you probably already have everything in your kitchen!
- Butter- Unsalted butter. Use a very good quality butter, as the flavor really shines through.
- Heavy cream- Also known as thickened cream or double cream. Avoid using reduced fat or low fat varieties, as it will yield a more watery sauce.
- Parmesan cheese- Freshly grated or refrigerated parmesan cheese. Do not use the shelf stable variety, as it won’t melt and it will leave the sauce gritty.
- Garlic- Freshly minced garlic.
How to make a keto alfredo sauce
Two simple steps are all you’ll need to follow this recipe.
Whether you are a beginner cook or a full-fledged chef, this sauce will turn out perfect.
Step 1- Prepare the sauce base
Start by adding the butter into a small saucepan and placing it over low heat. Once melted, add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Gently stir through the heavy cream, and slowly mix, until it simmers.
Step 2- Fold through the cheese
Let it simmer for 3-4 minutes, allowing it to thicken. Remove from the heat and fold in the parmesan cheese. Let the cheese melt into the sauce before serving it over your favorite entrée or main course.
Wondering what is the best way to store alfredo sauce? Here are best practices for sauce storage:
- To store: Alfredo sauce will keep well stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Keep it in a sealable container and reheat it in the microwave or stovetop.
- To freeze: Place the leftover sauce in a shallow container and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
What to serve with alfredo sauce
While traditional pasta and noodles are out of the question, there are tons of keto options that taste just as good, if not better.
- Low carb pasta– Store bought keto pasta, like penne or shirataki noodles. You can also try homemade kinds like almond flour pasta, keto pasta, or keto gnocchi.
- Vegetable noodles– Zucchini noodles (zoodles), butternut squash noodles, or even spaghetti squash.
- Steamed vegetables– Low carb vegetables like broccoli, green beans, cauliflower, or asparagus.
- Meat– Simple cooked protein like steak, pork chops, or chicken thighs.
- Grilled fish– Plain white fish like grouper, red snapper, or rainbow trout.
More keto sauces to try
FAQS about this keto alfredo sauce recipe
What is alfredo sauce?
Alfredo sauce is a simple white cream-based sauce that is used in a plethora of pasta dishes. It uses simple ingredients and can be as cheesy or creamy as you want it to be!
Traditional alfredo sauce often needs flour or starch to thicken it, including the jarred variety. Luckily, making a homemade low carb version is so simple.
Is alfredo sauce keto?
Traditional alfredo sauce is not keto friendly, as it uses high carb thickeners and fillers.
How many carbs are in alfredo sauce?
This keto alfredo sauce recipe has less than 2 grams of net carbs per serving.
2 Minute Keto Alfredo Sauce Recipe | 4 Ingredients and SO easy!
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- In a small saucepan, add the butter and place it over low heat. Once it has melted, add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer, stirring gently. Once it begins to simmer, let it do so for 5 minutes, before removing from the heat.
- Fold through the parmesan cheese and let sit for 5 minutes, to melt into the sauce. Whisk gently to ensure there are no clumps and serve over pasta, chicken, fish, or vegetables.