This keto guacamole is super thick and creamy, that everyone is obsessed with it, keto diet or not! Serve it with keto tortilla chips for the ultimate low carb snack!
When it comes to keto snacks, I love all things dips, and luckily, it’s easy to find plenty of keto options. I generally rotate between keto hummus and salsa, but nothing beats guacamole.
Is guacamole ok on keto?
Contrary to popular belief, traditional guacamole is keto friendly. The carbs in guacamole are minimal, and it’s what people add to it that piles on the extras. If you look at store-bought guacamole, some brands can pack over 20 grams of carbs per serving.
Why this keto guacamole recipe will be a diet staple-
- Ready in 5 minutes. Seriously, from prep the plate, this delicious dip takes just 5 minutes to make.
- Just 2 grams net carbs. Avocado is packed with fiber and healthy fats, and have very little net carbs.
- Easy to customize. You can add your favorite spices, herbs, or mix-ins, like olive oil or feta cheese.
What I love about guacamole is that it’s something everyone can enjoy regardless of what diet you follow. Every single diet can incorporate it, so feel confident serving it at all events, parties, and gatherings!
How do you make keto guacamole?
- Avocado– Fresh and overripe avocados.
- Sun dried tomatoes– Gives a subtle and salty kick to it. Avoid using sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil.
- Onion– White or red onion can be used.
- Bell peppers– Optional, but gives some color and crunch.
- Salt and pepper– To taste.
- Lime juice– Gives a hit of citrus without being overpowering.
- Sour cream– Optional, but adds extra creaminess.
Start by mashing your avocado until it is mostly smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined. Serve immediately.
Expert tips for success
- Make the guacamole immediately to ensure it doesn’t turn brown quickly.
- Feel free to add chopped tomato, bell peppers, or other fresh veggies for some added crunch throughout.
- If you’d like an extra creamy guacamole, blend all the ingredients together.
- For spicy guacamole, add 1/2 large jalapeno pepper to it or drizzle with hot sauce once it has been prepared.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: Guacamole must be stored in the refrigerator, completely covered. It will keep fresh for up to 2 days.
- To freeze: Place leftover guacamole in a freezer friendly container and store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Once thawed, you must consume it immediately.
What can you eat with guacamole on keto?
The best thing to serve with guacamole is all things crispy and crunchy, like chips. While potato-based chips aren’t low carb, some keto alternatives include crackers, tortilla chips, zucchini fries, and French fries.
You can also use it as a dipping sauce for everyone’s favorite quesabirria tacos or mulitas!
More Mexican keto recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Guacamole when made as is has just 2 grams of net carbs per 1/4 cup serving.
The worst part of any recipe using avocado is how quickly it browns. To avoid this guacamole from turning brown too quickly, add an extra squeeze of lime juice over the top of it.
Alternatively, you can add 1/4 inch of water over the top and cover it completely, with no air pockets able to seep through.
Full fat sour cream is keto friendly. It’s a fantastic addition to avocado-based recipes.
Guacamole is mashed and seasoned avocado, with the addition of lemon juice and spices.
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Keto Guacamole (Restaurant style!) recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Keto Guacamole (Restaurant style!)
- 2 large avocados ripe
- 1/4 small onion diced
- 2 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 small green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a mixing bowl, add your avocado and mash very well, until mostly smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well, until combined.
- Serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Love guacamole and making it! Thanks for the great recipes! The keto recipes work well for Diabetics too! 😊