Easy, delicious snack bites which are eggnog flavored and take less than 5 minutes to whip up and require no baking! Soft and doughy, these no bake bites and naturally vegan, gluten free, dairy free and come with a paleo and high protein option- A delicious snack or treat anytime!
“And then before we went out, we had these drinks called ‘Eggnog’. It was so good!”
“You drank eggs? You will get worms now.”
“No, mum. EGGNOG, not eggs. It’s a drink.”
“You will get worms.”
“YOU WILL GET WORMS.”
Don’t try to explain the beauty of the eggnog beverage to my mum. You will just need to accept the fact that you will indeed get worms.
Ironically, before I tried my first sip of eggnog (or rather, first heard of what eggnog was), I too thought it was a beverage based off raw eggs. However, once I learnt that the eggs in it were cooked, I was game to try it and fell in love. The nerdy part of me pretended I was drinking Butterbeer, even though it had no relation whatsoever. Since being back in America, you can imagine just how excited I was to see Eggnog stocked at all the supermarkets.
Although I’ll pretend I didn’t see the store named brands whipping it out in SEPTEMBER.
Traditional eggnog (or the ones I had previously sampled) had typically been full of refined sugar and unless made with a dairy-free milk, was unsuitable for those following a vegan, paleo or dairy free lifestyle. I’ve partnered up with my friends at Silk to share a delicious recipe featuring their delicious eggnog! I’ve previously tried their Nog Original and was a huge fan.
This year, I experienced two new flavors- Their Almond Nog original (AMAZING in this recipe) and their Almond Nog Pumpkin Spice. The creamy, rich texture was perfect straight from the carton or one better- Warmed up for 30 seconds.
These healthy no Bake Eggnog bites are soft, chewy and doughy and the perfect snack to have on hand ANYTIME of the year! They also use one bowl and take less than 10 minutes to whip up. You’d think they were unhealthy because they taste like dessert but actually are the perfect healthy snack or dessert to enjoy anytime! They are naturally gluten free, vegan, dairy free and come with a tested paleo and protein packed option!
HACK! For my paleo friends out there and for all those occasions the flavored eggnog isn’t available- Check out the instructions to make homemade ‘eggnog’ using Silk’s original unsweetened almond milk. This version is also paleo friendly, so my paleo friends don’t miss out!
Make these delicious no bake eggnog bites and if your ever in the presence of my mum, be aware that you will have worms.
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free oat flour (can sub for rolled oats, oat bran or quick oats)*
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (can sub for almond or extra oat flour)**
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice (I used coconut palm sugar)***
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cloves
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cashew butter (can sub for any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup (can sub for any sticky sweetener)****
- 1/4 cup + Silk Eggnog of choice*****
- Granulated sweetener to coat (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sweetener, sea salt and cloves and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, heat your nut butter with your sticky sweetener until combined. Pour your wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix well. Add the Silk Eggnog until a thick batter is formed- If batter is too thin, add a dash more coconut flour.
- Using your hands, form into small bite sized balls. Roll balls in optional gingerbread/sugar mixture and place on a baking tray or plate. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to firm up.
- * For paleo option, use 1/2 cup coconut flour
- ** If you use another flour, you may need to add 2-3 tablespoons to make the batter firm
- *** I used 2 tablespoons but adjust according to your desired level of sweetness
- **** For a paleo option, use maple syrup
- ***** Depending on the flour combination, you may need more- Adjust accordingly
- For those who don't have access to eggnog- Make a simple version using 1 cup Silk unsweetened almond milk, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cloves, drop of rum extract and 2 T coconut palm sugar.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk . The opinions and text are all mine.
Cheers, hugs and handshakes for supporting companies and brands which allow me to do what I’m passionate about every day and make The Big Man’s World possible.
Have you ever tried Eggnog before?
Have you ever eaten a raw egg before? Cookie dough doesn’t count.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld