This easy-to-make Oreo dip is perfect for every occasion. Made in just 5 minutes, it’s smooth, creamy, chocolaty and oh-so-delicious!
Need a way to amp up your holiday party or next gathering? This oreo dip recipe is just about as easy as it gets.
Like a fruit dip or cake batter dip, the dessert dip needs just a few ingredients and a few minutes of mixing, and you’re good to go. It’s like a cookies and cream meets brownie batter and so darn delicious!
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Incredible pairing. The combination of soft cream and crunchy Oreos makes this dip irresistibly delicious.
- Quick and easy. You can whip up this recipe in minutes in just two easy steps. No baking is required!
- 4 ingredients. This is the quick and easy dessert I make when I’m short on time, BUT I want to impress others.
- Easy to customize. Change up the Oreo cookie flavors, add chocolate chips, or swirl through some caramel- the possibilities are endless!
As mentioned earlier, this recipe needs just four simple ingredients to make. Here is what it calls for:
- Cream. Heavy cream thins out the cream cheese’s thickness while also balancing its natural tartness. Heavy whipping cream works well, too.
- Cream cheese. Provides the base for the dip. Choose a good quality cream cheese from a block, like Philadelphia, for the best texture. Avoid low-fat or fat-free cream cheese, as it won’t soften or hold the dip together.
- Confectioners sugar. Adds sweetness but also thins out the mixture to make it super fluffy.
- Oreo cookies. Or any sandwich cookies of choice.
How to make Oreo dip
With no chilling time needed, this oreo cookie dip will take just 5 minutes to make!
- Whip the cream. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Mix all the ingredients. Mix the cream cheese with the confectioners’ sugar in a separate bowl. Fold through the whipped cream, followed by the crushed Oreos. Serve immediately.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Use full-fat cream cheese. This will give your dip a richer, creamier texture.
- Crush the Oreos to your desired consistency. Some people prefer a smooth dip, while others like to have chunks of Oreos.
- If you’re short on time, you can use store-bought whipped cream. Just be sure to thaw it completely before adding it to the dip.
- If you want a smoother dip, you can use a food processor to crush the Oreos. Just be careful not to overprocess them, or you’ll end up with a paste.
To store. Place leftovers in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to three days.
To make ahead. You can make this dip up to four days in advance. If it has thickened, you can add everything to a food processor and pulse for 10-20 seconds.
More delicious no bake desserts to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Replace the cream cheese with vegan cream cheese and use coconut cream instead of heavy cream.
This dip is so versatile and can also be used as a filling for cupcakes and brownies or an ice cream topping.
Absolutely! You can use different flavors of Oreo cookies to create different variations of this dip. Cinnamon bun, peppermint, and red velvet are all fabulous flavors to use.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar powdered sugar
- 14 Oreo cookies one package, crushed
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar until combined. Fold through the whipped cream, followed by the crushed Oreos.
- Transfer the dip into a bowl or serving dish and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.