This Snickerdoodle cookie dough is thick and creamy and full of cinnamony goodness. Made with a few ingredients, this makes the best holiday dessert.
If you love Snickerdoodle cookies, enjoying all the flavors in a fun cookie dough dip is the way to go.
It’s perfect to serve at your holiday parties or events, and is perfect to serve with cookie sticks, crackers, or even with a spoon!
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy to make. Just a few simple ingredients and 3 easy steps. It’s hassle-free.
- Versatile. Eat plain, bake into cookies, or use as a topping for ice cream or pancakes – there are many ways to enjoy it.
- Easy to customize.Fold through chocolate chips, cinnamon candy, or sprinkles. The possibilities are endless.
The recipe uses simple pantry staples. Here’s what you need:
- Heavy cream. Forms the base of the cookie dough. I like to bring the cream to room temperature as it is so much easier to whip.
- Cream cheese. Thickens the cookie dough and balances out the sweet flavors.
- Confectioners sugar. Also known as powdered sugar. It thins out the mixture and ads sweetness.
- Snickerdoodle cookies. Either homemade or store-bought cookies work. Crush them well so that they fold into the mixture seamlessly.
- Cinnamon. A must have spice when anything snickerdoodle is involved.
- Vanilla extract.
How to make Snickerdoodle cookie dough?
The cookie dough is so delicious, yet so easy to make. Follow the simple 3 step process below:
- Whip the cream. Beat the cream in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Mix all the ingredients. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese with confectioner sugar until combined. Fold through the whipped cream, followed by the snickerdoodle cookies, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate. Put the dough in the refrigerator to firm up for at least an hour.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Don’t overmix everything. The cookie dough needs to be relatively thick before chilling.
- Use room temperature ingredients. Cream and cream cheese mix so much better when they aren’t chilled.
- Roughly crush the cookies. You want the cookie dough to have some texture to it.
To store. Leftover cookie dough dough can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge.
To freeze. Transfer the dough to an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
More delicious cookie dough recipes to try
- Oatmeal cookie dough
- Pumpkin cookie dough
- Healthy cookie dough
- Banana cookie dough
- Chickpea cookie dough
Frequently Asked Questions
When made with gluten-free cookies, this cookie dough is suitable for celiacs.
You can add chocolate chips, spices, and even some nut kinds of butter, like peanut butter or almond butter.
Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese with confectioners' sugar until combined. Fold through the whipped cream, followed by the snickerdoodle cookies, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate for an hour, to firm up.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.