These keto pancakes are extra thick and fluffy and need just 5 ingredients! No grains and no sugar needed, they are quick and easy to make! 3 grams net carbs per serving.
If I could choose one breakfast to eat day in day out, it would have to pancakes. There’s something comforting and special about waking up to a big stack of fluffy pancakes drizzled with maple syrup. Growing up, my mom would make my sister and I pancakes on weekends as a special treat, and they were something we genuinely looked forward to them!
When I first moved out of home, pancakes were something I’d eat very regularly, and I often made time in the mornings specifically for them. Since I started a low carb diet, I swore I’d never give up pancakes, and you can bet your bottom dollar I’ve made a low carb version!
I’ve been meaning to share a keto pancake recipe for quite some time. Even though I have tons of versions, I wanted to share my tried and tested one without all the fancy extra ingredients and mix-ins!
Now, these pancakes may look incredibly fancy, but I promise you, they are so easy to make! Just 5 main ingredients are needed, and NO sugar or grains! The texture of the pancakes is thick, extra fluffy, and soft in the middle! They taste like diner-style pancakes, without any egg or almond flavor whatsoever!
With such a busy schedule, I love meal prepping these pancakes on the weekend and simply reheat them in the mornings, to make the perfect low carb breakfast to kickstart my day!
How do you make low carb pancakes?
- Eggs– Room temperature eggs are preferred.
- Milk of choice– I used unsweetened coconut milk, but any milk of choice can be used.
- Coconut oil– Melted and refined coconut oil (to avoid any coconut taste!).
- Almond flour– You must use blanched almond flour, not almond meal. The blanched variety yields a fluffier center and light crumb.
- Baking powder– Gives some rise and stability to the pancakes.
- Granulated sweetener of choice– Optional. I prefer adding syrup to my pancakes so I usually omit it completely.
Start by whisking together the eggs, milk, and coconut milk into a small bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour and baking powder. Gently fold through the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until a thick batter remains.
Now, grease a large non-stick pan and place it over medium heat. Once hot, scoop out 1/4 cup portions of the batter onto the pan and cover. Let the pancakes cook for 3-4 minutes, or until bubbles start to appear around the edges. Flip the pancakes and cover once more, allowing the pancakes to cook for a further 2 minutes.
Tips to make the best keto pancakes
- Covering the pan while the pancakes are cooking helps them puff up and evenly cook, making them extra light and fluffy.
- Feel free to add any granulated sweetener to the batter, especially if you prefer sweeter pancakes.
- Even if you use a non-stick pan, be sure to grease it well, to ensure the pancakes can be flipped easily.
Storing and freezing pancakes
- To store: Pancakes should be stored in the refrigerator, covered. They will keep well for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Place leftover pancakes in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Reheating: Either microwave the pancakes for 30 seconds or reheat in a non-stick pan until warm.
More keto pancake recipes to try
Keto Pancakes (Award Winning!)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, and milk until combined. In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour and baking powder.
- Gently fold through the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Grease a large non-stick pan and place it over medium heat. Once hot, pour 1/4 cup spoonfuls of the batter onto the pan and immediately cover it. Cook the pancakes for 3-4 minutes, or until the edges begin to bubble. Remove the lid and carefully flip the pancakes, and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, covered. Repeat the process until all the batter has been cooked.
- Serve the pancakes immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.