These no bake paleo vegan chocolate hazelnut bars taste like a healthy Ferrero Rocher! Made with just 4 ingredients, this chocolate no bake bar recipe is completely ketogenic friendly and sugar free- The perfect healthy dessert! Low Carb, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
No Bake Paleo Chocolate Bars
When it comes to healthy desserts, no bake bars are one of my favorites. Not only are they quick and easy to make, they usually require only a handful of ingredients.
Not to toot my own horn, but I reckon I make some of the best healthy no bake bars around. Some of my favorites include these no bake peanut butter bars, coconut crack bars and my most recent favorite, these no bake cherry chocolate coconut bars.
Not only are these bars secretly healthy, but they are also dietary friendly- All are completely paleo and vegan, with most being suitable for a ketogenic diet too. A ketogenic dessert which is made without dairy and eggs? Count me in!
I wanted to do something a little different today and gave one of my favorite circular candy bars a bar AND healthy makeover.
Ferrero Rochers are one of my all-time favorite boxed chocolates. There is just something special about biting into one and taking your taste buds to the next level.
Funnily enough, they are easy to recreate!
I based these healthy no bake bars off my popular no bake paleo vegan chocolate hazelnut cookies.
Is Nutella good or bad for you?
Everyone’s definition of health is different. Personally, I find Nutella to be something to be enjoyed in moderation. It also isn’t dietary friendly (it isn’t paleo, vegan, gluten-free or keto).
Is Nutella good for keto?
Traditional Nutella is not keto-friendly. This store-bought chocolate hazelnut spread IS keto-friendly, and I have used it before. It is a little more sweet and stiff than traditional Nutella but works well for this recipe.
How do you make homemade healthy Nutella?
To make healthy homemade chocolate hazelnut spread (aka Nutella), you only need three ingredients-
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sticky sweetener of choice (pure maple syrup works best- To keep it keto, use this maple sweetened monk fruit syrup
- In a high-speed blender or good quality food processor, add your roasted hazelnuts and blend until thick and smooth. Ensure you regularly scrap down the sides, especially as the hazelnuts break down.
- Add your cocoa powder and syrup and continue blending until smooth and creamy (this could take up to 15 minutes!).
- Remove and store in an air-tight container or jar!
You can also use my other healthy “Nutella” recipe here, but it is considerably thicker and firmer.
To make these bars, you’ll need to have a batch of homemade healthy Nutella on hand or a packaged option. You’ll then simply add coconut flour, chopped hazelnuts and a sticky sweetener of choice and voila- You’ll be done.
HEALTHY REFINED SUGAR FREE SWEETENERS
When it comes to healthy refined sugar free sweeteners, I prefer using maple syrup or agave nectar. They both are mild tasting and have ample sweetness. Honey also works, but it isn’t strictly vegan.
To keep it ketogenic and low carb, you will need to use a monk fruit sweetened maple syrup, like this one.
If you have a nut allergy (or to keep it nut free!) simply swap out the healthy Nutella for the nut-free chocolate spread!
To take these Ferrero Rocher no bake bars up a notch, cover it with a layer of chocolate. I love using these paleo vegan chocolate chips, which melt beautifully and taste great. For a sugar free and keto chocolate chip, I enjoy using these ones, which are stevia sweetened.
More delicious no bake keto desserts? Gotcha covered!
- Keto low carb no bake desserts
- 19 Easy Keto Dessert Recipes
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Bars
- Coconut No Bake Balls
No Bake Paleo Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Bars (Keto, Sugar Free, Low Carb)
- Line a 10 x 10-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your chocolate spread of choice. Add your other ingredients, and mix until a thick dough remains. If the mixture is too crumbly, add some liquid (milk or water) until a smooth thick batter remains.
- Pour your batter into the lined pan and press firmly in place. Refrigerate until firm. Once firm, cut into bars.
- Melt your chocolate chips of choice. Moving quickly, dip each no bake chocolate hazelnut bar in the melted chocolate until evenly coated. Continue until all the bars are covered then refrigerate until firm.
© thebigmansworld.com ® All content, recipes, and images are legally protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipes without permission. Please contact Arman if you need further clarification.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld