These no bake paleo vegan chocolate hazelnut bars taste like a healthy Ferrero Rocher! Made with just 4 ingredients, this chocolate no bake bar recipe is completely ketogenic friendly and sugar free- The perfect healthy dessert! Low Carb, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
No Bake Paleo Chocolate Bars
When it comes to healthy desserts, no bake bars are one of my favorites. Not only are they quick and easy to make, they usually require only a handful of ingredients.
Not to toot my own horn, but I reckon I make some of the best healthy no bake bars around. Some of my favorites include these no bake peanut butter bars, coconut crack bars and my most recent favorite, these no bake cherry chocolate coconut bars.
Not only are these bars secretly healthy, but they are also dietary friendly- All are completely paleo and vegan, with most being suitable for a ketogenic diet too. A ketogenic dessert which is made without dairy and eggs? Count me in!
I wanted to do something a little different today and gave one of my favorite circular candy bars a bar AND healthy makeover.
Ferrero Rochers are one of my all-time favorite boxed chocolates. There is just something special about biting into one and taking your taste buds to the next level.
Funnily enough, they are easy to recreate!
I based these healthy no bake bars off my popular no bake paleo vegan chocolate hazelnut cookies.
Is Nutella good or bad for you?
Everyone’s definition of health is different. Personally, I find Nutella to be something to be enjoyed in moderation. It also isn’t dietary friendly (it isn’t paleo, vegan, gluten-free or keto).
With that said, my healthy homemade Nutella (along with this store-bought chocolate hazelnut butter and this one too) are a much healthier alternative, and diet friendly!
Is Nutella good for keto?
Traditional Nutella is not keto-friendly. This store-bought chocolate hazelnut spread IS keto-friendly, and I have used it before. It is a little more sweet and stiff than traditional Nutella but works well for this recipe.
How do you make homemade healthy Nutella?
I’ve made a homemade version right here– This one doesn’t use any sticky sweeteners. Alternatively, you can make the one below!
To make healthy homemade chocolate hazelnut spread (aka Nutella), you only need three ingredients-
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sticky sweetener of choice (pure maple syrup works best- To keep it keto, use this maple sweetened monk fruit syrup
- In a high-speed blender or good quality food processor, add your roasted hazelnuts and blend until thick and smooth. Ensure you regularly scrap down the sides, especially as the hazelnuts break down.
- Add your cocoa powder and syrup and continue blending until smooth and creamy (this could take up to 15 minutes!).
- Remove and store in an air-tight container or jar!
You can also use my other healthy “Nutella” recipe here, but it is considerably thicker and firmer.
To make these bars, you’ll need to have a batch of homemade healthy Nutella on hand or a packaged option. You’ll then simply add coconut flour, chopped hazelnuts and a sticky sweetener of choice and voila- You’ll be done.
HEALTHY REFINED SUGAR FREE SWEETENERS
When it comes to healthy refined sugar free sweeteners, I prefer using maple syrup or agave nectar. They both are mild tasting and have ample sweetness. Honey also works, but it isn’t strictly vegan.
To keep it ketogenic and low carb, you will need to use a monk fruit sweetened maple syrup, like this one.
If you have a nut allergy (or to keep it nut free!) simply swap out the healthy Nutella for the nut-free chocolate spread!
To take these Ferrero Rocher no bake bars up a notch, cover it with a layer of chocolate. I love using these paleo vegan chocolate chips, which melt beautifully and taste great. For a sugar free and keto chocolate chip, I enjoy using these ones, which are stevia sweetened.
More delicious no bake keto desserts? Gotcha covered!
- Keto low carb no bake desserts
- 19 Easy Keto Dessert Recipes
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Bars
- Coconut No Bake Balls
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this No Bake Paleo Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Bars (keto, sugar free, low carb) recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
No Bake Paleo Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Bars (Keto, Sugar Free, Low Carb)
- 2 cups healthy homemade nutella
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup sticky sweetener of choice * See notes
- 1/2 cup crushed hazelnuts
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips of choice Optional
- 1 tablespoon liquid of choice ** See notes
- Line a 10 x 10-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your chocolate spread of choice. Add your other ingredients, and mix until a thick dough remains. If the mixture is too crumbly, add some liquid (milk or water) until a smooth thick batter remains.
- Pour your batter into the lined pan and press firmly in place. Refrigerate until firm. Once firm, cut into bars.
- Melt your chocolate chips of choice. Moving quickly, dip each no bake chocolate hazelnut bar in the melted chocolate until evenly coated. Continue until all the bars are covered then refrigerate until firm.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
YUM!! These bars look amazing! I love how easy it is to make them! Ferrero Rocher is such a wonderful treat – love the idea of making these!
I’m a bit confused, what are those speckles in the chocolate dough? It is the coconut flour? They kind of look like crumbled cookies.
Hi it’s crushed hazelnuts
Maple syrup is pure sugar… these are NOT sugar-free.
This recipe doesn’t use maple syrup so not sure what you are on about.
I have NutiLight nut butter. Would that work for this? I can’t beleive nobody had made these yet? This is my favorite candy! I was hoping for some reviews😋
My husband gave me a bag of hazelnuts in my stocking because of how much I like hazelnut coffee. Of course, the nuts and coffee don’t taste anything alike, so I went looking for a recipe…so glad I found yours! I used Walden Farms sugar free pancake syrup for the sticky sweetener, and it worked really well. I don’t have a food processor, and found in making 1 batch of nutella, I had to blend it in 3 separate batches. I would buy sugar free nutella next time, as I definitely will make again. The bars held together nicely and are delicious!