This delicious, no bake paleo breakfast cookie dough is perfect for a grab and go breakfast- It’s single serving, paleo, vegan and gluten free and has the taste and texture of cookie dough- Minus the sugar crash! Ready in less than 5 minutes!
Paleo Breakfast Cookie Dough
I have no qualms what kind of diet you follow. Honestly.
Gluten Free? A-ok!
Grain Free? High 5!
Paleo? Gross. Just kidding.
I was fortunate late last year to have my first International Blogger Meetup with the awesome Meridien who follows a generally paleo style of eating. That, however, was such a minuet aspect- it was her personality, interests and quirks which made her company enjoyable. Ever since connecting with her, whenever I recipe experiment, I always (within reason!) try and see if I can ‘Meridien’ it….or make it Paleo friendly.
During our meet-up we discussed many things, including tim tams (Aussie Pride!) and cookie dough (American Pride!). When I first made my Nut Butter Breakfast Cookie Dough, I knew I had to try to Paleo-fy and see if it got the tick of approval from the expert herself. Well….Let’s just say the Paleo version MAY be more favoured over the original version.
This Paleo Breakfast Cookie dough is so easy to whip up and tick many other dietary boxes too- Grain free, Vegan, Gluten free and naturally high protein option! This serving can be doubled, tripled or produced in mass quantities for easy grab and go snacking too.
Ready in under 10 minutes, these delicious and filling no bake balls will become standard on your breakfast rotation. Now to see what Meredien thinks….She better like it as I have a triple chocolate spiked version to share!
Paleo Breakfast Cookie Dough
- 4 T coconut flour
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 1 T nut butter of choice (I used cashew butter)
- 1 T chopped nuts of choice (I used chopped cashews)
- 1 tsp+ coconut sugar (please adjust to desired level of sweetness)*
- Pinch sea salt** (Optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup almond or coconut milk (depending on brand of coconut flour used)
- 1 T shredded coconut
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the coconut flour and cocoa powder to remove any clumps. Add in the coconut sugar and sea salt and mix well. Add in the nut butter and chopped nuts.
- Add the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until a 'dough' consistency is formed. Shape into bite sized balls and set aside.
- Spread a plate with the shredded coconut and roll the balls in it to cover completely. Eat immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- * I don't like these too sweet so kept it at 1 tsp of sugar. For a sweeter dough adjust accordingly.
- ** Sea salt brings out the sweetness- This is optional but recommended.
- These are great to store in the freezer and simply remove 30 minutes before consumption. If making in batches, it's best tasting coming out of the fridge but can be kept at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Have you ever eaten a ‘paleo friendly’ sweet treat before?
Have you met a blogger from overseas before?
What is a food you’re city/area is famous for?