An easy homemade mint chocolate protein bar recipe made in one bowl and ready in 5 minutes! Soft, extra chewy protein granola bars that are vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free! The best high protein snack to have on hand!
Mint Chocolate Protein Bar Recipe
As someone who loves the mint and chocolate combination, this HAD to be made next!
Ever since I’ve started working out more, I’ve been needing to have more protein-rich snacks on hand. I will be the first to admit it- I love my store-bought protein bars. My favorites include the Clif Cool Mint Chocolate Protein Bars, Mint Builder Bars, Special K Chocolate Mint Bars and especially the Quest Mint Protein Bars.
These were my inspiration to give a homemade version a go!
My homemade mint chocolate protein bars are ridiculously easy and perfect to snack on. Texture-wise, they are soft, chewy and hold up VERY well. They need just one bowl, 5 minutes and less than 6 ingredients.
Not only are they packed with protein and actually healthy, but they are also better than anything store-bought! Wholesome ingredients and delicious, plant-based protein!
How to make mint chocolate protein bars
- Firstly, line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Now, you’ll want to add your quick oats, crispy rice cereal and protein powder in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until combined.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or in a small saucepan, combine your almond butter with maple syrup and heat until combined. Whisk well until incorporated.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients and mix until a thick batter remains. If the batter is too crumbly, add a little extra milk or water.
- Transfer the batter into the lined pan and press firmly into place. Top with optional chocolate chips and refrigerate until firm.
- Slice mint chocolate chip protein bars and enjoy!
Best Protein Powder for homemade Protein Bars
I’ve tested several protein powder brands and depending on what dietary requirements you have, these are the best ones
Brown Rice Protein Powder
Vegan and gluten-free protein powder which has an earthy texture but mixes very well in these homemade mint chocolate chip protein bars.
Casein Protein Powder
Storing Homemade Protein Bars
Homemade mint chocolate chip no bake protein bars should be stored in the fridge, as they will keep their thick and chewy texture.
If you keep them at room temperature, you may find that they become too soft (which is fine if you prefer a softer bar).
Room temperature chewy mint chocolate chip protein bars will keep for up to 5 days, in a sealed container.
Refrigerated homemade protein bars will keep for up to 1 month.
Can you freeze homemade chocolate mint protein bars?
Homemade protein bars are freezer friendly and can be stored in the freezer.
Wrap each bar in parchment paper and place in a ziplock bag. One ready to enjoy, allow to thaw at room temperature. Frozen chocolate chip mint protein bars will keep for up to 6 months.
Chewy No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten free crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1-2 scoops protein powder of choice See post for tested options
- 1/2 cup almond butter can use any nut or seed butter of choice
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup can use agave nectar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp milk of choice * See notes
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or in a small saucepan, combine your almond butter with maple syrup and heat until the mixture is melted completely.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and add the peppermint extract and stir until combined. If the batter is too crumbly, slowly add milk of choice, one tablespoon at a time.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and press firmly with your hands evenly. Top with chocolate chips, and refrigerate, until firm.