Hands down, the most CHEWY and delicious granola bar you’ll ever make which requires NO baking! Vegan, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free, they are perfectly customisable- A great grab and go snack or breakfast!
Having to be on the go consiistently, I rely on snack bars to keep me going between working/studying/procrastination. Yes. Even procrastination takes a SUBSTANTIAL amount of energy. I decided to try and create a bar which would be full of healthy fats, natural sugars and whole grains.
I chucked a few dry ingredients in a bowl which I had on hand, and tested out a few liquid sweeteners to find one which would bind the bars well. I lucked out and and found a perfect ratio!
These bars being no bake, are so chewy, dense and flavourful. You will not miss the addition of sugar as the raisins, medjool dates and brown rice syrup provides more enough sweetness and the nuts add the much desired crunch we all love in a bar. The coconut butter was a random (much appreciated) addition.
Chewy No Bake Granola Bars
- In a large mixing bowl, mix up the rolled oats, raisins, almonds, dates and dried berries. Add in the sesame seeds, sea salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a microwave proof bowl, mix the brown rice syrup and coconut oil until well combined. Drop the coconut oil in it and break apart as much as possible.
- Heat in the microwave until melted (time depending on your microwave- for me it was 1.5 minutes)
- Remove from microwave and pour the liquid over the dry mixture and ensure it is very well combined
- Grease a cake tin/baking tray or line with parchment paper. Press the mixture into it and refrigerate immediately. Allow granola bars to set before cutting bars into 6 pieces.
* These bars may be difficult to firm up at times- Try increasing the sticky syrup and/or coconut oil.
Are you fan of pre packaged bars or homemade ones?
Have you had a recent random recipe success?