These homemade carrot cake larabars are cheaper than storebought and take minutes to whip up! Made with just 5 Ingredients, these no bake bars are whole30, paleo and vegan. Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined sugar free.
Say hello to the most accurate tasting Larabar flavor I’ve made to date- When I say these taste like carrot cake, I mean it…sans frosting.
That, my friends, is for another day though.
Although I know many of my readers aren’t doing the whole30 program, these homemade bars are the kind of snack you’d make regardless.
The emails and feedback I’ve been receiving lately have focused on quick, easy and portable snack bars which don’t need refrigeration. They also kind of need to taste good.
No bake, minimal ingredients, flourless and grain free, homemade larabars are one of my favorite recipes for snacks, or even a clean eating dessert.
The key to ensuring these carrot cake larabars taste like carrot cake is ensuring you pack it full of the classic carrot cake ingredients- Dried pineapple, shredded coconut, walnuts and of course, the shredded carrots!
What are the ingredients in the original carrot cake Larabar recipe?
The store-bought version uses 9 ingredients- dates, raisins, pineapple, coconut, almonds, walnuts, cinnamon, coconut oil, and carrots.
Are Carrot Cake Larabars Whole30 compliant?
While there are several Larabar flavors which aren’t whole30 friendly, the carrot cake one is definitely approved.
Homemade Carrot Cake Larabar Ingredients
My homemade carrot cake larabars taste BETTER than the original. I altered the ingredient proportions to ensure that the carrot cake flavor was really evident.
Since added sweeteners are 100% off-limits, ensure all your dried fruits are completely unsweetened. Be especially wary when using dried pineapple– You want it to be strictly pineapple.
Golden Raisins VS Generic Raisins
Golden raisins reminded me of Medjool dates. They have a softer texture and so much easier to blend. Like Medjool dates, they are a little more expensive than stock standard raisins. Either will work, so use whichever you prefer.
To make things easier, soak the raisins in warm water (with the dates) for 20 minutes prior to using them.
More delicious no bake snack bars? You’ll love these cookies and cream protein bars (paleo, vegan and sugar free), these low carb chocolate peanut butter bars (keto, grain free and dairy free) and these no bake peanut butter protein bars (4 ingredients, low calorie, and low carb).
Best kitchen gadgets to make these Homemade Carrot Cake Larabars-
- Vitamix Blender or Optimum Blender (Australian/NZ readers- Often called a ‘Froothie)
- I use these spatulas when scraping down the sides, ensuring the mixture is fully combined
- Silicone pans make it so much easier to remove the homemade larabars and sliced into bars.
Watch how to make homemade 3 Ingredient Protein bars-
Homemade Carrot Cake Larabars (Whole30, Paleo, Vegan)
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking tray or silicone pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a high-speed blender, add your nuts and blend until a crumbly texture remains.
- Add your pitted dates and raisins and blend until just combined. Add the rest of your ingredients. Continue blending, regularly scraping down the edges to ensure the mixture is fully combined.
- Once a thick batter remains, transfer to lined baking tray and press firmly in place. Refrigerate until firm before slicing into 12 bars.