These homemade no bake granola bars are the perfect on-the-go snack or lunch box treat. Made in just 5 minutes, these vegan bars are super easy to customize and delicious!
I’m a big fan of granola bars, but the unhealthy ingredients in the store-bought bars are a huge turn-off. Luckily, making your own homemade version is so easy and comes together in no time.
Inspired by my healthy granola bars, these no bake ones are just delicious and just as easy!
Table of Contents
Why this recipe works
- Easy to make. You’ll just need four simple ingredients and 5 minutes to make this recipe.
- Plant based ingredients. No animal products or dairy are needed, so they are great if you follow a vegan diet.
- Perfect texture. Most no-bake recipes can be a little too soft and fragile, but not these bars- they are thick, chewy, and stable at room temperature.
- A perfect snack anytime. These vegan bars are a perfect afternoon snack that keeps you energized until dinner.
As mentioned earlier, this recipe calls for simple, everyday ingredients. Here is what you’ll need:
- Almond butter. A source of healthy fats and proteins and one that binds the bars together. You can replace it with peanut butter or use a nut-free substitute.
- Maple syrup. Sweetens the bars and also helps with binding them together.
- Rolled oats. The base of the recipe! Quick oats will also work, but the bars will be a little softer.
- Dried fruit and seeds. Some fun mix-ins.
How to make no bake granola bars
This recipe takes just 5 minutes and 4 easy steps to prepare. Here is all you have to do to make these delicious granola bars:
- Prep. Take a 8 x 8 inch pan and line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix the ingredients. Combine the almond butter and maple syrup in a microwave safe bowl and melt. Add in the oats then fold through the dried fruits and seeds.
- Set. Transfer the batter to the lined pan. Refrigerate for at least an hour or until the bars firm up.
- Slice into bars and enjoy. Slice the firmed batter into 16 small or 8 large bars. Enjoy!
Tips to make the best recipe
- Use a food processor to grind the oats, nuts, and seeds into a fine crumb. This will help the bars bind together better.
- Toast the rolled oats before mixing to enhance their flavor and add a satisfying crunch to your bars.
- Add other mix-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or some coconut flakes.
- If you want to enjoy the bars quicker, place them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
To store. Place leftovers in an airtight container and keep them at room temperature for up to one week. To keep them longer, store them in the refrigerator for up to four weeks.
To freeze. You can freeze these bars in freezer-safe bags or airtight containers in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More snack bars to try
- Oatmeal protein bars
- Keto granola bars
- Vegan protein bars
- Protein granola bars
- Nut free granola bars
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! When made with gluten-free oats, these bars are suitable for celiacs.
While these can be oven baked, they don’t contain eggs or enough liquid to prevent them from drying out.
No Bake Granola Bars
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, combine your almond butter and maple syrup and heat until melted.
- Add your rolled oats and mix until combined. Fold in your dried fruits and seeds and mix very well, until fully incorporated.
- Transfer your granola bar batter into the lined pan and press firmly into place. Refrigerate for at least an hour, until the bars have firmed up. Cut into 16 small bars or 8 large ones.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.