These healthy dinner ideas will ensure you stick to your healthy eating goals with ease! With over 50 EASY and DELICIOUS recipes on hand, you’ll have plenty of variety, including the healthiest dinner in the world!
For anyone who follows any sort of diet or lifestyle, being prepared is key.
While breakfast and lunches are easier than others (anyone want a smoothie?), dinner time is tricky. With no planning or lack of time, it’s easy to opt for frozen meals or takeout. We live in a world of convenience where fast food is available with the click of a button.
Luckily, quick dinners CAN be healthy and often only require a handful of ingredients. With a few minutes of meal planning each week, you can have a healthy and delicious dinner on the table every night.
What is healthy to eat for dinner?
There are plenty of healthy dinner recipes to choose from, but the easiest is this Asian style dinner. It comes together in just ten minutes and is the kind of dish the whole family will love!
- Chicken– Skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced into bite-sized pieces.
- Salt and pepper– To taste.
- Garlic, ginger, and onion– Necessary for any good stir-fry or Asian inspired dish.
- Sesame oil– A flavorful oil that enhances Asian recipes. We need only a small amount to cook everything up in.
- Sauce– A mixture of orange juice, soy sauce, honey, and a bit of cornstarch to thicken.
- Base– cauliflower rice or steamed brown rice.
Start by slicing the chicken into bite sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Add sesame oil to a non-stick pan and place it over medium heat. Once hot, add the garlic, ginger, and onion, and cook for one minute, until fragrant. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, until browned and no longer pink.
Now, remove the chicken from the pan. Add the orange juice, soy sauce, honey, and cornstarch and whisk together. Let everything simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until it has thickened. Add the chicken back into the pan and cook for a further minute, before serving with brown rice or wholewheat noodles.
Storing, freezing and reheating instructions
- To store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to one week.
- To freeze: Place the cooled dish in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to two months.
- Reheating: Microwave in 30-second spurts until warm or in a non-stick pan.
What are some healthy meals?
Here are the BEST healthy dinner recipes and ideas to help you get out of your dinner rut and keep your health goals in check. You’ll find chicken dinners, kid friendly dinners, air fryer dinners, casseroles, and more. Having plenty of options and variety is key to staying on track, and we have over 50 easy and delicious healthy dinner ideas for you to try. Dinner time can be a little stressful but these recipes prove otherwise- thousands of people have made them and all have 5 star review!
Healthy dinner recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
A healthy dinner is one that is a combination of protein, healthy fats, and fiber. It should keep you satisfied until the next morning, with no excess snacking or dessert.
A calorie controlled dinner (ideally under 400 calories) that is high in protein and fiber is a fantastic dinner option for those following a weight-loss diet. All the recipes in this post have less than 400 calories per serving and well balanced.
These healthy dinner recipes make four servings. This is great for two people, as there are two extra portions to enjoy later this week. Alternatively, you can halve all the recipes.
Healthy Dinner Recipes (5 Star rated!)
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil into a non-stick pan and place it over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions, garlic, and ginger and cook for a minute, until fragrant. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken from the pan. Add the orange juice, soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar and cornstarch. Let everything simmer for several minutes, before adding the chicken back in. Cook for a further two minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and serve the chicken over brown rice or noodles.