These sugar free desserts prove that you can make amazing sweets without sugar! From cakes to frozen treats, there are over 40 recipes to choose from!
For those who follow a sugar free diet, desserts can certainly play a significant role in it.
There is a misconception that diets void of sugar means that the diet is void of dessert. This is far from the truth, and actually, some of the most delicious sweets and treats are completely sugar free.
See, natural sweeteners like erythritol, monk fruit sweetener, and allulose have become mainstream and are easy to find at grocery stores. These sweeteners have zero calories and zero sugar, and don’t affect blood sugar levels.
These sweeteners are MUCH better for you than artificial kinds, like Splenda and sucralose. They don’t result in you craving extra sweets and all of them can replace sugar in your favorite desserts seamlessly.
Since starting a sugar free diet, I’ve been enjoying all my favorite desserts every single day, and you can too!
What is the best sugar free dessert?
While there are plenty of sugar free desserts out there, the best and easiest one to make is a sugar free vanilla mug cake. It takes less than a minute to make and uses simple ingredients. It’s moist, fluffy, and has no sugar. Here is how you’ll make it.
- All purpose flour– Also known as plain flour or white flour. You can use oat flour, but you will need to double the milk used to ensure the dessert doesn’t dry out.
- Sugar free sweetener– I like using a brown sugar substitute, but any sugar substitute will work (provided it is granular like sugar).
- Baking powder– Gives the dessert some rise and fluffiness.
- Oil- Any neutral flavored oil works, like canola, vegetable, or safflower.
- Milk of choice– I used unsweetened almond milk but any milk works.
- Sugar free chocolate chips– Optional, but I love to stir through some sugar free chocolate chips on top.
Start by whisking together the flour, sweetener, and baking powder. Add the oil and milk and whisk until smooth. Fold through the chocolate chips, if using them.
Now, transfer the batter into a greased mug or microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the dessert for 50-60 seconds, or until just cooked on top. Remove from the microwave and enjoy immediately.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: Desserts can always be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to three days.
- To freeze: Place the baked and cooled dessert in a ziplock bag and store it in the freezer for up to two months.
How to make sugar free desserts?
These are the BEST sugar free desserts and recipes to help keep your sugar free diet on track. You’ll find cakes, cookies, muffins, frozen desserts and more. There is truly something for everyone and every single recipe is easy to make and uses simple ingredients. No artificial sweeteners or syrups are needed, and most of these sweets take less than 10 minutes to make! Now, don’t be skeptical of these recipes, thinking they aren’t as good as the original. They’ve been made thousands of times and no one can tell that they are sugar free!
Sugar free dessert recipes
Cakes and muffins
Red velvet cake
Birthday cake (vanilla cake)
Mug cakes (18 flavors)
Chocolate chip cookies
Almond butter cookies
Sugar free cookies
Peanut butter cookies
Double chocolate cookies
Candy and no bake desserts
Peanut butter cups
Ice cream and frozen treats
Keto ice cream
Peanut butter ice cream
Sugar free ice cream
Coconut milk ice cream
Ice cream bars
Brownies and baked goods
Peanut butter blondies
Chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars
Cheesecakes, pies, and puddings
No bake cheesecake
Frequently Asked Questions
These days, most mainstream grocery stores stock some sugar free desserts, including cakes and muffins. Alternatively, there are tons of options online, including Amazon.
Sugar free desserts are more suitable for diabetics than desserts made with sugar. However, it is always best to consult a medical professional to ensure that these sweets will not interfere with the insulin injections or tablets.
Some sugar free desserts are healthy, however, some of them contain added fats and grains to compensate for the lack of sweetness.
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Sugar Free Desserts recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
40+ Easy Sugar Free Desserts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour gluten free, if needed
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute erythritol, monk fruit sweetener, or allulose
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice i used unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar free chocolate chips optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and mix until a smooth batter remains.
- Transfer the batter into a greased mug or microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 50-60 seconds, or until the top is mostly firm.
- Remove the dessert from the microwave and let sit for a minute, before enjoying.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Arman,, Thank you for your web site. I can only eat organic, Non GMO. I appreciate the recipes you have on your site because the ingredients in most recipes are what I can eat. And I love the off brand recipes that look like and taste similar to what people crave when they start a keto plan. Thanks Again
I just made all my dreams come true. I’m diabetic. Never have desserts. UNTIL NOW 😁
Yes! Finally I found sugar free dessert. I’m so happy because I make this dessert to my grandparent I know they will happy if I serve it to them.
What is the carb count if you use almond flour and unsweetened almond milk?
Not sure- You can use myfitnesspal or similar to calculate it yourself 🙂