Embrace pumpkin season with the best healthy pumpkin dessert recipes ever- there is something for everyone! Every recipe is paleo, vegan, gluten-free, keto, low carb and sugar free.
It’s no secret that when September rolls around, I am in full pumpkin mode.
I literally go out of my way to find a means to add pumpkin in every single recipe. Being a starchy low carb vegetable, pumpkin can easily be used in dessert recipes, breakfast recipes, AND snack recipes.
For anyone who is skeptical that the pumpkin flavor may be overpowering, I promise you that you’d never be able to taste it. Pumpkin is neutral tasting and helps aid the texture of many recipes.
Why use pumpkin in recipes
Pumpkin often replaces eggs and butter, helping make desserts moist on the inside, tender on the outside. When blended, it can be a fantastic mixed into sauces, frostings, and even chocolate.
Is pumpkin keto-friendly?
For keto and paleo followers, pumpkin is a fantastic ingredient to have on hand. It’s starchy and has the texture of sweet potato, minus the carbs and calories. For a half-cup serving, pumpkin yields a mere 40 calories, with 4 grams of net carbs.
Brownies, cookies, pancakes and muffins, there are delicious healthy pumpkin desserts for everyone.
I’ve included links to my favorite kitchen gadgets and commonly used ingredients in all the pumpkin recipes in this post!
Common Kitchen Utensils Used for the healthy pumpkin desserts
Common Ingredients used in the healthy pumpkin dessert recipes
- Baking blends- Coconut flour, blanched almond flour, tapioca flour, and cocoa powder
- Sweeteners- Swerve, monk fruit in the raw, keto maple syrup, and liquid stevia.
- Nuts, seeds and nut butter- Almonds, cashews, almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter, and tahini
- Oils and Fats- Coconut oil and coconut butter
- Chocolate- 100% unsweetened chocolate, stevia-sweetened chocolate chips, and keto chocolate bars
BONUS! Carrot Cake Breakfast Bars