Nourishing, satisfying, and easy to make, these 20+ feelgood whole30 breakfast ideas will inspire you to stay focused and finish the month strong. From grab-and-go energy bites to fruity smoothies and tater tots, you’ll never run out of inspiration.
As much as I love coming up with creative breakfast recipes, I have to admit sometimes, that’s the meal I feel the least inspired to get creative with. But being someone who’s practiced whole30 more times than I can count, I know how important breakfast is to staying on track.
So, to make your lives easier, I’ve come up with over 20 whole30-approved breakfast recipes that will help you stick to your goals, stay inspired, and hopefully find some healthy breakfasts to make even when you’re finished with the whole30 program.
Table of Contents
What can I eat for a whole30 breakfast?
The whole30 diet is a 30-day elimination diet centered around whole foods. That means you have to forego sugar, alcohol, grains, legumes, and dairy. The idea is that by living without ultra-processed ingredients, you’ll lose weight, increase your energy levels, and have a better relationship with food.
So, in place of those processed ingredients, you’re encouraged to eat whole fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, fish, eggs, and healthy fats like avocados and nuts.
Eggs are the perfect whole30-friendly breakfast choice. They’re high in antioxidants, vitamin A, and protein. Plus, they take well to seasonings and complement whatever you serve them with.
- Egg wraps– Made with just eggs, a little water, and seasonings of your choice, these soft and versatile egg wraps work great in place of bread in sandwiches or as the ultimate breakfast wrap.
- Over easy eggs– Nothing’s more satisfying than a gooey egg yolk, and this recipe explains how to guarantee the perfect over easy egg every time. If you prefer your eggs over medium or over hard, we have you covered.
- Sous vide egg bites– Skip the gruyere, and you’ll still get perfectly fluffy, flavorful egg bites. Way better (and cheaper) than Starbucks!
- Air fryer turkey bacon– I don’t think I could love a diet that makes you stop eating bacon. Luckily, this crispy, savory turkey bacon is whole30-approved.
- Air fryer smashed potatoes– On days when your potato craving is unmatched, whip up these crispy, crunchy smashed potatoes. Oven instructions included.
Veggie-heavy breakfast dishes
Here are some of our favorite whole30-approved breakfast recipes designed to sneak in those extra veggies.
- Sweet potato tots– Made with sweet potato and zucchini, you’d never be able to guess these sweet and savory baked tater tots are whole30-friendly.
- Zucchini fritters– Make use of those extra zucchini and effortlessly turn them into crispy fritters. Perfect on the side with eggs or in a breakfast egg wrap.
- Keto avocado toast– Who doesn’t love avocado toast? Luckily, you can enjoy this trending breakfast with a few simple swaps and homemade keto bread. Bonus points if you top it with a poached egg.
- Grilled sweet potatoes– Crispy on the outside and buttery on the inside, these grilled sweet potatoes make the perfect side dish. Stovetop instructions included!
Whole30 sweet treats for breakfast
- Cranberry energy bites– Sometimes, I don’t have time for a sit-down breakfast. That’s where these energy bites come in. They’re easy to make ahead, taste great, and you can eat them on the go.
- Larabars– If you love Larabars, you’ll love this easy copycat recipe. Aside from the base recipe, the cherry pie, peanut butter cookie, and cashew cookie flavors are all whole30-approved.
- Keto chia pudding– Skip the sweetener in place of mashed bananas or chopped dates, and you have delicious, whole30-approved chia pudding. Make it the night before for an even more convenient recipe.
Smoothies and breakfast drinks
- Almond milk latte– I don’t know if I could survive the whole30 diet if coffee wasn’t allowed. Thankfully, it is, and you can make fun drinks like this almond milk latte.
- Whole30 smoothie– Smoothies are a lifesaver when I’m short on time. This whole30-friendly smoothie uses just 4 ingredients and is endlessly customizable.
- Almond milk smoothie– Thick, creamy, and decadent, this almond milk smoothie is naturally sweetened and comes together in minutes.
- Breakfast smoothie– Made with creamy almond butter, bananas, milk of your choice, and a dash of cinnamon, this delicious smoothie tastes just like a milkshake.
20+ Whole30 Breakfast Recipes
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.