A few months ago, I embarked on a reader’s challenge focusing on various dietary lifestyles.
As a food/health/everything blogger, I love feedback and I love sharing recipes YOU would enjoy. As part of my challenge, I went vegan for a month (including an extra week after slipping up here). To be completely honest, I was not looking forward to going vegan purely because I felt like I couldn’t go a day without some form of animal protein.
How was going vegan? Challenging.
It wasn’t challenging in the sense that I found the recipes difficult to follow or the final products poor tasting- Far from it! I just didn’t realise how difficult it would be to navigate around a mainstream supermarket here in Australia.
Prior to the challenge, I asked on Facebook for some delicious, vegan recipe recommendations and was inundated with some of the most delicious sounding (and looking!) recipes.
Coming from a pretty evident carnivore, I hope you’ll enjoy this three part series on Vegan recipes to impress a carnivore.
Trust me. I had five of my mates over for dinner and they were more than impressed.
1. Easy Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers with Avocado via Happy Healthy Life
2. Creamy Roasted Tomato Vodka Sauce with Penne via Go Dairy Free
3. Hearty Portobello Kale Lasagna via Spabettie
4. Baked Falafel Muffins via The Big Man’s World
5. Spicy Roasted Chickpea Lettuce Wraps via Veganosity
6. Green Chilli Enchiladas via Fork and Beans
7. Spicy Baked Cauliflower Bites via Vegan Richa
8. One Skillet Tempeh via Eating Bird Food
9. Creamy Coconut Eggplant Curry via The Iron You
10. Baked Spaghetti with Tofu Ricotta via Hummusapien
11. Slow Cooker Chickpea and Potato Curry via The Pretty Bee
12. Baked Cinnamon Sugar Tots via Running With Spoons
Stay tuned for part 2 and 3- I have some beauties to share!
Do you regularly eat vegan friendly meals?
For those who don’t follow a vegan diet, would you ever try it out?
Would your friends be open to trying out vegan friendly foods?