These healthy salty snacks all use wholesome and simple ingredients and satisfy all the cravings- crispy, crunchy, and savory! Perfect to enjoy between meals on any weight loss diet!
During my weight loss journey, having plenty of snacks on hand was key to keep me on track.
Now, even though I love my sweet snacks, I also often crave those of the salty kind too. Before starting my health kick, I used to enjoy French fries, tortilla chips, and lots of cheese and crackers. Anything crispy, crunchy, and oily, and I was a guaranteed fan. It would not be uncommon for me to easily polish off a family sized bag of potato chips in one sitting.
Luckily, losing weight does not mean you have to give up on your favorite savory snacks. With a few simple swaps and some homemade snacks, you can keep your savory tooth in check between meals!
What is the healthiest salty snack?
The healthiest salty snacks are ones that are crispy, crunchy, and have added protein and fiber in them. My favorite combination is a delicious dip with lots of crunchy crudites and chips. A simple two ingredient dip that takes seconds to prep. Here is how to make it.
- Greek yogurt– Non-fat or low fat plain Greek yogurt.
- Dry ranch dressing mix– Adds delicious flavors to the yogurt and also thickens it up further.
- Crudites– Cucumber, celery, and carrots.
- Chips– Pita chips or low calorie chips.
In a small bowl, mix the Greek yogurt with the ranch dressing mix. Transfer into a serving bowl and serve with crudites and healthy chips.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: Leftover dip will keep well for up to five days, refrigerated. The chips will keep well for up to 2 weeks in a ziplock bag at room temperature.
- To freeze: Place the dip in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to two months.
What to eat when craving salty snacks?
These are the BEST healthy salty snacks that satisfy all your crunchy and salty cravings! You’ll find crispy snacks, crunchy snacks, dips, chips, and more. The key to sticking to any weight loss diet is having healthier versions of foods that you crave, and there is something for everyone. Sure, grabbing a pack of chips or ordering some French fries might be the easy option but these recipes prove otherwise- they use minimal ingredients, can be prepped in advance, are low in calories, and taste just as good as those unhealthy foods, if not better!
Healthy salty snacks
Keto crackers (2 Ingredients)
Frequently Asked Questions
If you crave salty snacks, it could mean you are lacking certain vitamins or that you are thirsty. More often though, it’s because you are needing a snack or some food.
Salty snacks can be healthy, especially those of the homemade variety. Enjoy these snacks between meals to keep your energy levels up and your blood sugar steady.
Healthy Salty Snacks (Low calorie!)
- 1 lb Greek Yogurt non-fat plain
- 1 pack Ranch dressing mix 1 oz
- In a mixing bowl, combine the non-fat yogurt with dry ranch dressing mix and whisk together.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with crudites and chips.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.